chuck123wapati

ten round bullet pouches

10 hours ago, Gezzer said:

Hey ......... what's that nylon sheath doing on a leatherworkers belt ?:dunno:

Looks good Chuck !!

thanks lol that's my son, he has more knives than i can keep up with, now the other one i made about 12years ago

11 hours ago, YinTx said:

I like if the snap opens accidentally, they won't fall out necessarily.

thanks they fit pretty tight also they are wet formed to the cartridge's.

Drags,   Sold my ammo pouch 

so I had to make another one

IMG_0638.jpeg.4487c80baf717f2908b00334563587cf.jpegIMG_0639.jpeg.7ef40f7faec25c8df52eea722e910b37.jpegIMG_0640.jpeg.90e50e239d010fe8b6e38b1dd05e97f2.jpeg

On 10/11/2023 at 7:36 PM, Gezzer said:

Hey ......... what's that nylon sheath doing on a leatherworkers belt ?:dunno:

Looks good Chuck !!

:17: lol

Great work on the cartridge carriers though!

On 11/11/2023 at 1:39 AM, Frodo said:

Drags,   Sold my ammo pouch 

so I had to make another one

IMG_0638.jpeg.4487c80baf717f2908b00334563587cf.jpegIMG_0639.jpeg.7ef40f7faec25c8df52eea722e910b37.jpegIMG_0640.jpeg.90e50e239d010fe8b6e38b1dd05e97f2.jpeg

thats nice looking !!! 

I get scraps from a saddlemaker friend frequently. I made some cartridge holders, and learning the loops for different size cartridges is challenging.  What I did find out - and should have known - is that you've got to be careful about long term storage. Some of the chemicals in the leather will start corrosion on brass cases. It takes a while, but will start sucking the copper out of the brass. Not good!!

10 hours ago, Wyowally said:

I get scraps from a saddlemaker friend frequently. I made some cartridge holders, and learning the loops for different size cartridges is challenging.  What I did find out - and should have known - is that you've got to be careful about long term storage. Some of the chemicals in the leather will start corrosion on brass cases. It takes a while, but will start sucking the copper out of the brass. Not good!!

yea I've seen that on older bullet loops and some of my knives fitted with brass. Must be the tannins or maybe the pickling salts.

10 hours ago, Wyowally said:

These have to be pretty caliber specific also, you have to figure in the length and diameter I'm sure a few may interchange like 270s and 30 06, 7mm 06.