Goldshot Ron

Spring Punches, Used

I acquired vintage handtools that belonged to a saddle maker who moved out of our area.  Here are seven C.S. Osborne spring punches that I am offering for sale.  I am asking $45 for each punch, and that includes shipping within the United States.

#1 is in good condition. The tool says size 2, but the tube size is a number 7.  This punch is CS Osborne, Newark NJ.

#2 is in good condition, size 3.

#3 is tube size 4

#4 is in good condition, size 6

#5 is in good condition, size 8

#6 is in fair condition, size 9

#7 is in poor condition, tube size 6, but tool says 2.

I have buffed the cutting edges, and they all cut.  The anvils are okay for light use, but you may want to change them out for heavy use.  Replacement tubes can be purchased from Weaver, and the threaded tube ends are all the same.IMG_1559.thumb.JPG.8e0afe207c18392089585e588ef058d0.JPG

Edited by Goldshot Ron
correct spelling

Are these easy to use??  How thick can the leather be?  Any disadvantages of using them versus the other types

I use this style on skirting leather for saddles, and strap buckle holes.  They are more handy to use than rotary punches or belt punches.  However, each style of hole punch has it's own purpose.  Study up on CS Osborne, and you will find that one of these punches may have collector's value.

On 11/3/2023 at 5:17 PM, Goldshot Ron said:

I acquired vintage handtools that belonged to a saddle maker who moved out of our area.  Here are seven C.S. Osborne spring punches that I am offering for sale.  I am asking $45 for each punch, and that includes shipping within the United States.

#1 is in good condition. The tool says size 2, but the tube size is a number 7.  This punch is CS Osborne, Newark NJ.

#2 is in good condition, size 3.

#3 is tube size 4

#4 is in good condition, size 6

#5 is in good condition, size 8

#6 is in fair condition, size 9

#7 is in poor condition, tube size 6, but tool says 2.

I have buffed the cutting edges, and they all cut.  The anvils are okay for light use, but you may want to change them out for heavy use.  Replacement tubes can be purchased from Weaver, and the threaded tube ends are all the same.IMG_1559.thumb.JPG.8e0afe207c18392089585e588ef058d0.JPG

Send you a Direct Message

SALE PENDING....I have some English point and round point punches that I will be listing shortly.

SOLD