My first attempt for a Manpurse for myself with a nordic pattern.  The sewings could be better and also the edges but I am not totally unsatisfied. It can really be seen with the inside in thin black leather. I am pretty well satisfied with my pattern and tooling though I can see it could be sharper and somewhat a bit crispier. Especially at the front.  What do you think ?  Any critics are welcome and nice words surely too ;-) 

skuldertaskes2.jpg

skuldertaskes1.jpg

skuldertaskes3.jpg

skuldertaskeindes2.jpg

Nice work 

Looks good to me!:specool: You did a great job on the pattern, it's quite complex. Once it's used and gets a bit worn any perceived imperfections will disappear.;)

Most excellent. You captured the Nordic,  aka 'viking' decoration very well. That interlacing, also used by Irish Celts is extremely difficult and you have done it very well

On 11/4/2023 at 11:03 PM, fredk said:

Most excellent. You captured the Nordic,  aka 'viking' decoration very well. That interlacing, also used by Irish Celts is extremely difficult and you have done it very well

Thats true, what I call Nordic style is /was a mix of pictish, Irish, celtish and scandinavian style evolved through decades of trade and wars not only in the short span of "viking age" but also long before and after. And thanks for the nice words :-) 

On 11/5/2023 at 3:35 AM, MadsH said:

What do you think ?

You're man of my own heart :specool:. I so love doing  the ' Celtic' / Viking patterns, they are in my top 4 fave patterns  . They are fiddly at times, and make me go a bit cross-eyed ,  but so effective as you have shown .  I can't fault that .

well done  :)

HS