Gezzer

New pup on the way ........

and my old shoulder ain't what it once was . This will keep her busy and be easy on my shoulder ;)

IMG_2201.JPG

Edited by Gezzer
kan't spel

Thanks !  

The sling works just fine , I won't need it for a while though , as the pup ( 8 wks old )is two days out . Now if you were asking about the pup ,she will work out fine , prettiest little Jack Russell I have ever seen !!!!  

I was thinking about making one of those for my American Bulldog, the sling that is lol

4 hours ago, kiwican said:

I was thinking about making one of those for my American Bulldog, the sling that is lol

It will save your shoulder for sure .  If I did another one I would make the center hole 1 1/4 inches  instead of 1 inch .

If you need a starting point mine is 5 1/2 by 2 3/4 inches 

Using tennis balls as fetch toys for dogs is not a good idea. The fuzz holds dirt and grit and over time damages the dog's teeth. Also, with larger breeds like retrievers, German shepherds etc. the ball is just the right size for them to choke on. It's rare, but I know someone who lost his dog that way. 

The best balls for fetch are the Chuck It balls that have a hole through them. You can put a rope through the hole to give you more oomph when throwing, and the rope could also save your dog's life by giving you something to remove the ball if the dog does choke. Also, the hole will allow air to still get into the dog's lungs.

You can buy these balls separate from the throw stick:  https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/chuckit-medium-2-pack-fetch-ball-dog-toy-blue/10233042?from=/search

Edited by Sheilajeanne

If you have ever worked a Jack  , grit in the teeth from a tennis ball is not a factor with JRT's  LOL !

Gezzer, I had a male GSD that liked to play with rocks. He'd spent most of the first 3 years of his life chained to his kennel, and sadly, rocks were his only toys 

The problem was, rocks had been used to edge the flowerbeds in the house I was living in after acquiring him. And he kept moving them around, then I'd sometimes find them with the lawnmower... :rolleyes2:

His bottom teeth got pretty worn down by the time he passed away!

It's mainly the choking thing that worries me with the tennis balls. If it ever happens to your dog, here's one way of dealing with it: 

If you don't know how to remove the ball, your dog will be dead long before you reach the vet.

https://veterinarypartner.vin.com/default.aspx?pid=19239&id=8871225#:~:text=Make an open diamond shape,lip%2Fcheek to protect fingers.&text=Push with a J-stroke,it ejects from the mouth.

On 11/11/2023 at 6:05 PM, Gezzer said:

It will save your shoulder for sure .  If I did another one I would make the center hole 1 1/4 inches  instead of 1 inch .

If you need a starting point mine is 5 1/2 by 2 3/4 inches 

Awesome thanks!