Sign in to follow this  
RKBrown

Singer111w112 Handwheel

Hello everyone,

I'm looking for a unicorn here. I got an old Singer 111w112 and the handwheel threads for the stitch regulator are broken. Is there a resource for a replacement for this wheel?

Thank you,

Keith

try maybe that place maybe, https://justinblairco.com

talk to Justin, 

what about little machining? can you share picture?what you need to be done?

15 hours ago, RKBrown said:

Hello everyone,

I'm looking for a unicorn here. I got an old Singer 111w112 and the handwheel threads for the stitch regulator are broken. Is there a resource for a replacement for this wheel?

Thank you,

Keith

Moved to leather sewing machines.  You are more likely to find some answers here.

Aside from have a new shaft machined, your only recourse for replacing a top shaft with threads for the stitch length is buying another similar model machine that has the threads intact.

18 hours ago, RKBrown said:

Hello everyone,

Thank you,

Keith

We can still get the handwheel & shaft for this model.

Thanks guys,

The machine stopped feeding last night after I tried to adjust the stitch length. So, being curious to what could have caused this, I pulled the adjustment shaft out and found the broken threads. I'm not sure thats my problem after further inspection this evening. The feed dog isn't moving and the machine is almost feeding backwards. I can't really find much info on this machine as far as what parts are what. The connecting rod from the stitch regulator on the top shaft isn't moving the rod that drives the feed dog. I adjusted the set screw to try to get it to move, but it made no difference. I found the screw on the top of the connecting rod was loose, so i snugged it and the machine tried to feed when turning by hand. The "regulator" as I'm calling it binds up as it tries to move the feed dogs. The timing seems to be correct. With the take up arm in the upper most position, the arrows ar aligned on the lower shaft behing the saftey clutch. The timing belt appears to be in good condition as well. I got this machine from a friend who does auto upholstery and is was serviced on July 27th this year. It was sewing fine last night on some thin leather that I was making a few pouches from. Any ideas why it would be doing this? I'll call you this coming week about the parts Bob. Thank you.