chris032188

Consew 206RB handwheel

Has anyone found a larger handwheel that fits this machine? I am looking to slow the machine down (i am already on super small pulley, but the mahcine still feels jerky IMO). I cant find much info on what flywheel will fit this machine. I seen some people in other threads have done it, but I couldnt find any info.

3 hours ago, chris032188 said:

I am looking to slow the machine down (i am already on super small pulley, but the mahcine still feels jerky IMO).

The jerk is probably from the minimum startup speed of the motor you are using. Yes, increasing the size of the hand-wheel will help with slowing the machine and increase torque. However it will not eliminate the startup jerk. I think you would be better installing a proper speed reducer pulley and leaving the existing hand-wheel. You will get better speed reduction, increased torque and it will help to reduce / smooth out the startup jerk.

kgg

10 hours ago, chris032188 said:

Has anyone found a larger handwheel that fits this machine? I am looking to slow the machine down (i am already on super small pulley, but the mahcine still feels jerky IMO). I cant find much info on what flywheel will fit this machine. I seen some people in other threads have done it, but I couldnt find any info.

A taperfit pulley is what you need. I put a 270mm pulley on my Adler 69 for a fraction of the cost of a "speed reducer" and along with a servo motor does a stitch at a time. Search on here for my posts. Come back if you can't find it.

11 hours ago, chris032188 said:

How old is your Consew?  Does it have a servo motor or older clutch motor?

I have a 206RB-5 with servo and I installed a 45mm pulley on the motor shaft and it's plenty slow and easy to control.  I have no need for a speed reducer or larger handwheel.  Nor do I notice any jerkiness when starting.  If I ever feel the need for slower sewing than the really quite slow already speed, I just crank the handwheel by hand.  Of course it also takes a bit of practice and experience to be gentle enough with the foot pedal and in the beginning (my first industrial machine) I thought it was way too fast.  Now I usually keep the servo speed several clicks up from the slowest and rarely need slower.

No offense but are you new to an industrial machine?  And could your machine have a clutch motor instead of a servo?

9 hours ago, MtlBiker said:

How old is your Consew?  Does it have a servo motor or older clutch motor?

I have a 206RB-5 with servo and I installed a 45mm pulley on the motor shaft and it's plenty slow and easy to control.  I have no need for a speed reducer or larger handwheel.  Nor do I notice any jerkiness when starting.  If I ever feel the need for slower sewing than the really quite slow already speed, I just crank the handwheel by hand.  Of course it also takes a bit of practice and experience to be gentle enough with the foot pedal and in the beginning (my first industrial machine) I thought it was way too fast.  Now I usually keep the servo speed several clicks up from the slowest and rarely need slower.

No offense but are you new to an industrial machine?  And could your machine have a clutch motor instead of a servo?

I thought I replied earlier from my phone but it didnt go through, or if it did alteast I cant see it.

No offense taken. I am new to relatively new industrial machines, I am a hobbyist. Its def a servo motor, i installed it myself. My other machine singer 111w has a clutch. I can feather that and sew slow. Idk if its maybe my servo motor (its a cheaper amazon one) its either on or off, it reminds me of my old kx85 dirt bike:lol:. Even if I use my hand to control the motor actuator there is no adjusting the speed other then slowing the speed on the control panel. It isnt to fast on its lowest setting, but I would like to just have more control sometimes, like I can on my clutch motor slowly lower that needle.

Here is my slow go setup.  A 280l with Enduro servo with needle positioner.  It is set to stop with needle down.  This way I can go around sharp curves a stitch at a time. With pedal down I can sew a whatever speed I want. 

I would never travel as a stitcher with a servo not reliable.  Or you should carry a spare. Reason for spare unreliable power from promoter or sketchy electronics.  Broken servo's make great belt sanders.

14 hours ago, chris032188 said:

I thought I replied earlier from my phone but it didnt go through, or if it did alteast I cant see it.

No offense taken. I am new to relatively new industrial machines, I am a hobbyist. Its def a servo motor, i installed it myself. My other machine singer 111w has a clutch. I can feather that and sew slow. Idk if its maybe my servo motor (its a cheaper amazon one) its either on or off, it reminds me of my old kx85 dirt bike:lol:. Even if I use my hand to control the motor actuator there is no adjusting the speed other then slowing the speed on the control panel. It isnt to fast on its lowest setting, but I would like to just have more control sometimes, like I can on my clutch motor slowly lower that needle.

You mean your servo motor only has an on/off switch and no way to select different speeds?  I guess I only have limited experience but my 3 machines with servos can all adjust the speed.  You really should have come here for advice before buying that motor. And as far as the jerkiness you report, is there any chance that the pulleys are not aligned?  And I think you mentioned having installed a smaller motor pulley... it's also possible that your pulley isn't perfectly round/balanced... I experienced that myself and even thought the problem was my motor so bought a new one, only to find the problem was my pulley.  I bought a better quality one and problem solved.

17 hours ago, chris032188 said:

Even if I use my hand to control the motor actuator there is no adjusting the speed other then slowing the speed on the control panel.

I think you got a bum motor. I think the best solution before making changes to the hand-wheel would be to replace the servo and get that sorted out first. I would suggest looking at either a brushed servo motor something like the CSM550-1 or an electronic controlled servo motor with at least 9 coils, 12 coils would be preferred like the Sailrite workhorse or the Reliable SewQuiet 6000SM both are 12-Coil servo motors.

kgg