Sign in to follow this  
Garyak

Pfaff cylinder arm

I pick up this old Pfaff and would really like to time it. I can’t access the front of the cylinder bed that covers the bobbin area. Any advice on how to access this part of the bed would be greatly appreciated, and how do you find the model of the machine? Looks like a 28, but badge says different… thanks in advance!!! 

IMG_7802.jpeg

IMG_7819.jpeg

IMG_7814.jpeg

What do you mean - looks like the bobbin / hook area is open cause I can see the hook driver on picture 2.

Pictures are fairly small.... what does the brass tag say? is it 65? If it is a Pfaff 65 then it is a darning machine but not a sewing machine.

If the machine is like this (German language website) there is no way to convert it to a 28 cause major parts are missing. F.i. stitch length lever and the rod for driving and lifting the feed dog. But as I said the pictures are very small and do not show the details very well.

Edited by Constabulary

47 minutes ago, Constabulary said:

What do you mean - looks like the bobbin / hook area is open cause I can see the hook driver on picture 2.

Pictures are fairly small.... what does the brass tag say? is it 65? If it is a Pfaff 65 then it is a darning machine but not a sewing machine.

If the machine is like this (German language website) there is no way to convert it to a 28 cause major parts are missing.

It’s just the first 3/4 inches of the cylinder arm I’m looking to remove. It has a seam, so I’m assuming it can be removed. I can’t see any other way to time the needle to the hook.  Everything else has been pretty simple., thanks for responding bud, I appreciate it. 

I´m still not sure what you mean. There is no need to remove more parts from the arm and I´m sure it is not possible and not even necessary for timing. When you have the hook installed (guessing you have one incl. the parts that hold the hook in place) and the needle plate is not installed (guessing you have one) you have a clear view on the hook and hook tip and the needle sooo....

Edited by Constabulary