HandyDave

Lithuania Bound

My dad has been going to Lithuania for last 6 or 7 years on mission trips with his church. One of the guys they met this past summer who was helping them get supplies and help translate and other stuff is military/police officer as well. Him and my dad was talking about guns and such and my dad was showing him my website and some other pics of work I've done. He mentioned how he would love to have a custom holster for off duty use for his glock 17. So I built him one and the preachers wife is taken it over to him as a gift when she goes next week to deliver a Christmas care package to the families they help. I didn't go to over the top decided to keep it classic with a nice 2 tone black and brown. 7/8oz for main body. 6/7oz for the decorative stiffner/belt loop. And it's lined with some thin pig I had laying round.

20231030_125949.jpg

20231030_130004.jpg

nice holster and nice of you to do that:thumbsup:

Nice work, that guy's going to love it.

Thanks guys. It don't ever  take much of a reason for me to make another holster. And I honestly have the most fun when I'm making pieces as gifts.  If I was a filthy rich billionaire I'd make every piece I do for free. But unfortunately I do have to charge for pieces as well from time to time. As for the little skully guy stamped on back. It was one of first stamps I made myself with a bolt and a dremel tool. And I put it on a few pieces years ago and it pretty much became my makers mark. The USA goes on everything I make along with my little skully guy. 

Beautiful holster.  I especially like the way that you brought the belt loop leather around to taper out in front.  That is a really classy look.

/dwight

Thank you sir. Having that strip around it ads for decoration and acts as a stiffner. I enjoy doing alot of wild carving and tooling projects but it's hard to go wrong with a good classic look.