WalterF

Made a Pair of House-shoes

My old house-shoes were worn out, wanted to try making a pair. Drew up a pattern and gave it a go. Sewed on a class 4 without gluing. Stitching needs improvement but they are usable and learned, if another pair is made.

1416572055_web1.thumb.jpg.3d9c706baf05f885b0e08ebd9f0f5159.jpg742056437_web3.thumb.jpg.ee88a8118d02cc62584c0a1e371bb87a.jpg135999640_web4.thumb.jpg.eee500ecc973ba4a048a9c06a0c81a07.jpgweb2.thumb.jpg.ec3df38d00973b332dccdf50cabd9b6d.jpg

Edited by WalterF
photo

Nice job! I suspect some reverse engineering on the old pair but no matter. For a first try they're more than adequate. I need to make a pair like this for myself. I've yet to find a pair of slippers that work properly. Well done.

For someone who has gone the shoe etc. route until Arthritis killed the venture, you done a good job for your first time. Second one is always better.

Very Nice!

I haven't been brave enough to try making  shoes, but those look pretty good :specool: The only thing I have tried, but hardly  call them shoes are baby booties made out of hair on roo hide using a one piece template.  I  guess I could try making the template bigger  for ' bigger babies'  :)

HS

On 12/3/2023 at 8:20 PM, toxo said:

Nice job! I suspect some reverse engineering on the old pair but no matter. For a first try they're more than adequate. I need to make a pair like this for myself. I've yet to find a pair of slippers that work properly. Well done.

Thank you, if you like I can send you a photo of the pattern for 10 1/2 size. If possible will scan for actual size pdf.

On 12/4/2023 at 4:39 PM, Ferg said:

For someone who has gone the shoe etc. route until Arthritis killed the venture, you done a good job for your first time. Second one is always better.

I am sorry to hear about the arthritis. Thank you, there is much respect for the shoemakers. They have lots of talent.

20 hours ago, VStew said:

Very Nice!

Thank you

13 hours ago, Handstitched said:

I haven't been brave enough to try making  shoes, but those look pretty good :specool: The only thing I have tried, but hardly  call them shoes are baby booties made out of hair on roo hide using a one piece template.  I  guess I could try making the template bigger  for ' bigger babies'  :)

HS

These weren't hard, if you want I can share the pattern for 10 1/2 foot.