toxo

Bobbin size!

About to order a 1341 clone that uses a 28mm bobbin. Where does that come in bobbin sizes?

Wouldn't any 1341 or 1341 clone bobbin work in that machine? Or are you trying to figure out the letter series of the 1341 bobbins. 

Edited by DieselTech

3 hours ago, toxo said:

About to order a 1341 clone that uses a 28mm bobbin. Where does that come in bobbin sizes?

I just measured a LS-1341 bobbin which is a style "M" bobbin also used in the DNU-1541 or DU-1181N. Just measured a 1341 bobbin diameter is 25.44 mm x 10.59mm. The 28 mm bobbin is a style "U" bobbin which was used in the Juki LU-563 and LU-1508 at 28mm x 12mm.

My understanding is that the Juki LS-1340/1341/1342/1342-7 all use the Style "M" bobbin. You may want to check and see what bobbin case and hook assembly they are using.

kgg

Edited by kgg

8 minutes ago, kgg said:

I just measured a LS-1341 bobbin which is a style "M" bobbin also used in the DNU-1541 or DU-1181N. Just measured a 1341 bobbin diameter is 25.44 mm x 10.59mm. The 28 mm bobbin is a style "U" bobbin which was used in the Juki LU-563 and LU-1508 at 28mm x 12mm.

My understanding is that the Juki LS-1340/1341/1342/1342-7 all use the Style "M" bobbin. You may want to check and see what bobbin case and hook assembly they are using.

kgg

I'm getting excited now. When It got to the details of what I was getting they quoted JL-1341L. When asked what the "L" was for they said it's for the large bobbin which is 28mm. So on the face of it that's good right, but does that mean they're harder to find? I've already asked if they can supply spares but I think they've finished for the day.

They also do a table attachment that looks good, and big, for $85.

3 hours ago, toxo said:

I'm getting excited now. When It got to the details of what I was getting they quoted JL-1341L. When asked what the "L" was for they said it's for the large bobbin which is 28mm. So on the face of it that's good right, but does that mean they're harder to find? I've already asked if they can supply spares but I think they've finished for the day.

They also do a table attachment that looks good, and big, for $85.

Just wanted to drop a comment about flatbed table attachments...  When I got my Techsew 2750Pro, it came with a table attachment.  It was AWFUL!  It needed 2 (or was it 3?) threaded rods to be inserted in the table and adjusted in order to support the table.  The process of installing and removing that attachment was a really unpleasant one and certainly not something you'd want to do every day, and certainly not several times a day.  Then I found (on eBay) a really nice aluminum table attachment that installed with ONE screw!  Easy Peasy!  It goes on, no adjustment required, or off in easily less than a minute.   It is wonderful.  I hope that the attachment you're getting will be as good.

A bonus on the table I got is that it included two flat guides which could be positioned left or right of the needle and tightened in place with wing nuts.  For holding an assembly in the right position they're wonderful, and I often use the right side one (not the left).  Many (most) aluminum table attachments I've seen don't have that.

9 minutes ago, MtlBiker said:

Just wanted to drop a comment about flatbed table attachments...  When I got my Techsew 2750Pro, it came with a table attachment.  It was AWFUL!  It needed 2 (or was it 3?) threaded rods to be inserted in the table and adjusted in order to support the table.  The process of installing and removing that attachment was a really unpleasant one and certainly not something you'd want to do every day, and certainly not several times a day.  Then I found (on eBay) a really nice aluminum table attachment that installed with ONE screw!  Easy Peasy!  It goes on, no adjustment required, or off in easily less than a minute.   It is wonderful.  I hope that the attachment you're getting will be as good.

A bonus on the table I got is that it included two flat guides which could be positioned left or right of the needle and tightened in place with wing nuts.  For holding an assembly in the right position they're wonderful, and I often use the right side one (not the left).  Many (most) aluminum table attachments I've seen don't have that.

Thanks Biker, did look for a Uwe one but he doesn't make them any more

This one looks ok and bigger than others I've seen, They also do a guide for $15. I'm just trying to get everything on the one order, bobbins, bobbin cases, needles, thread if they have it (yes,I know that's risky but you don't know until you try and I'm fed up listening to people quoting something they heard from 20 years ago

https://clouddisk.alibaba.com/file/redirectFileUrl.htm?appkey=OneChat&id=2186352404&parentId=2177377479&secOperateAliId=MC1IDX122E1Gqu--fZW59OP6FQj6IeySN6YMEwkrsAEOunM3rdJ0dc2M3jcnBvaN78O6eD7&fileAction=download&scene=1

This is just showing the table, not the machine.

redirectFileUrl.jpg

redirectFileUrl-1.jpg

Barring something drastic I'll put the order in tomorrow. Then It's waiting 55 days but if I wait too long the shipping price and the wait might go up a lot because of the Red Sea situation and having to go around Africa.

@toxo - I can't see from that photo how the table attaches.

Here's a photo of the table I got from Etsy:

table.jpg

There's only one screw holding it (tightly) in place.  That's at the right with the little top plate.  I can't imagine an easier or faster to install or remove table attachment.

Edited by Northmount
Copied source file and uploaded here

40 minutes ago, MtlBiker said:

@toxo - I can't see from that photo how the table attaches.

Here's a photo of the table I got:

Aluminum Cylinder Arm Table INVENTORY CLEARANCE image 1

There's only one screw holding it (tightly) in place.  That's at the right with the little top plate.  I can't imagine an easier or faster to install or remove table attachment.

That's nice looking!  Where did you get it?

10 hours ago, jrdunn said:

That's nice looking!  Where did you get it?

If you'd looked at the URL for that image, you'd have seen it was from Etsy.  :)  I think the search was "aluminum table attachment".

1 minute ago, MtlBiker said:

If you'd looked at the URL for that image, you'd have seen it was from Etsy.  :)  I think the search was "aluminum table attachment".

When I looked it up it wanted the size as the generic style of the machine, ie, Juki 341 or Adler 69 etc. I daresay it's easy to sort out but I've just come away from a 1341 that turned out to be a Mitsubishi and I'm now looking at a "341" which is a clone of ???. Just nit picking and Easy to sort out but if it's only one screw can you be sure the machine has the hole in the right place?

29 minutes ago, toxo said:

When I looked it up it wanted the size as the generic style of the machine, ie, Juki 341 or Adler 69 etc. I daresay it's easy to sort out but I've just come away from a 1341 that turned out to be a Mitsubishi and I'm now looking at a "341" which is a clone of ???. Just nit picking and Easy to sort out but if it's only one screw can you be sure the machine has the hole in the right place?

As far as that aluminum table attachment goes, if you look closely at the photo, you'll see there is a cutout on the right end of it.  That fits over part of the machine's cylinder arm.  Then another small plate goes on top which is used to secure the thing down.  The hole in the machine can be quite varied as the plate can be positioned where the screw hole is.  What would be of more concern is whether the cutout on the table actually fits the machine.  For that I can't help you but I'm pretty sure if you contact the seller with the make and model of your machine they'd be able to tell you.

Good luck!

12 hours ago, MtlBiker said:

Here's a photo of the table I got

Please upload photos here.  Photos from websites disappear frequently so makes the post useless for future reference.

1 hour ago, Northmount said:

Please upload photos here.  Photos from websites disappear frequently so makes the post useless for future reference.

I see you've already fixed that photo.  Thanks.  All I did was find the image and copy, paste, it into my reply.  I wasn't sure how to do it without first saving it onto my device (an iPhone when I did it).

2 hours ago, MtlBiker said:

I see you've already fixed that photo.  Thanks.  All I did was find the image and copy, paste, it into my reply.  I wasn't sure how to do it without first saving it onto my device (an iPhone when I did it).

Yes, some of this stuff is difficult to capture and post.  Sometimes have to actually do a screen grab to get it.  Not always easy.