WalterF

Alaska Rig

Made an Alaska Rig for a 1911 with Silencer, and spare mag. Total length of the gun was 15.5 inches, it is a big holster and we were joking that it reminded us of the scene in Roger Rabbit. It was a challenging build with the spare mag pouch.

1127892516_DoneBackWearingWeb.thumb.jpg.1f005a20b9fbf3c45ac6e19b1cda277f.jpg268096978_DoneFrontWearingWeb.thumb.jpg.e26fcf07da6c82158def4ec86f6b12e8.jpg

Nice work. Looks killer! You sure make some nice holster setups. Great work. 

Nice work Walter.  Not a speed draw by any means is it? No other way to carry something that long. 

13 hours ago, DieselTech said:

Nice work. Looks killer! You sure make some nice holster setups. Great work. 

Thank you, first holster was a hold my beer. Took it to the store to show it and people wanted some.

11 hours ago, Mablung said:

Holy crap. What’s the draw like from that rig? One heck of a draw length. I like the setup, though. 

It is long, not my type of rig. He wanted it and I made it, just seems like a lot to carry for a 45 ACP.  Thank you

10 hours ago, Hags said:

Nice work Walter.  Not a speed draw by any means is it? No other way to carry something that long. 

Thank you, No Sir! It is a Yosemite Sam type of rig. He was good natured as he got some ribbing for the rig.

6 minutes ago, WalterF said:

It is long, not my type of rig. He wanted it and I made it, just seems like a lot to carry for a 45 ACP.  Thank you

Ah, I must have missed that this was for a customer.  Hey, if he wants it and is willing to fork over the dough, you make it.  Agreed it's a lot for a .45 ACP.  I enjoy the round but wouldn't want to carry that behemoth.  I'd almost want it dropped into a crossdraw position along the left side, like a sword baldric.  That would make the draw easier, far more like drawing a short sword than a pistol.  That draw technique would create some problems of its own, but it'd be a bit easier than the chest draw.  Hm.  Interesting.

On 1/19/2024 at 10:50 AM, Mablung said:

Ah, I must have missed that this was for a customer.  Hey, if he wants it and is willing to fork over the dough, you make it.  Agreed it's a lot for a .45 ACP.  I enjoy the round but wouldn't want to carry that behemoth.  I'd almost want it dropped into a crossdraw position along the left side, like a sword baldric.  That would make the draw easier, far more like drawing a short sword than a pistol.  That draw technique would create some problems of its own, but it'd be a bit easier than the chest draw.  Hm.  Interesting.

He let me know the chest rig was to allow him to climb into a tree stand easier.

On 1/19/2024 at 2:38 PM, DeWayne Hayes said:

Beautiful piece of work!   That is one case where I'm not sure if you're wearing the holster, or the holster is wearing you, but either way - great looking piece! 

Thank you, I think it is wearing me.

Very nice work! Curious where you located the attachment point hardware. I have found similar in plastic before but not metal.

love it.  that rig is a tank.  My friend hunts and carries a scoped revolver in similar a chest sling.  He really likes it.  I've never heard a suppressed .45 fire.   I bet you could make that nice and quiet.