Sign in to follow this  
SingerDad

Adler 167-273HU worth restoring or parts only

Hello all.  I did pick up a double needle walking foot Adler.  Was excited at first however noticed some missing parts. I still thought it might be fun.   Now having second thoughts if it is the right machine for me to restore.  Can you take a look at what’s there?   I do notice at least one tension disk is missing.   I also noticed it’s missing the number plate for stitch length. It turns very good and both hooks seem to be turning properly.  Just don’t know if I want to spend all the time to get her proper.  What should I do? 

75B845CF-61B8-48C5-B052-A9877422B9AE.jpeg

C6BCBAF1-2B07-4146-BCED-6EF30E4675D6.jpeg

2A0B2ECB-E2BC-491B-8993-812D85F884E3.jpeg

930FCFAC-12C1-42C9-9071-C55D74BD9799.jpeg

Trying to get a parts list together. Can anyone point me in the correct direction of missing pieces?  What pressor foot is needed?

Did you find a parts manual?

https://www.college-sewing.co.uk/parts-books/durkopp-adler-parts-books.html

de presser foot is probably not in it but you will find it online

In my experience these are good machines

Myself i would consider to-change it to a one needle version ( but its less work to install an extra tension unit and a presser foot)

4 hours ago, Michiel said:

Thanks for that pressor foot!  I was looking and could not find it.   There is supposed to be a piece on top of the pressor bar that rides in the top spring assembly.(I think)   Any wisdom on where to find that?   

Good machines.  Parts will not be cheap if you have to buy genuine.  Feet from 67,167,267 are all interchangeable.  Kwok Hing should be able to help you with feet. Other parts might  have form DA.  Still good machines to sew on.  I would restore it.  Look for parts list, operations manual and a mechanics manual if available.

glenn

8 hours ago, shoepatcher said:

Good machines.  Parts will not be cheap if you have to buy genuine.  Feet from 67,167,267 are all interchangeable.  Kwok Hing should be able to help you with feet. Other parts might  have form DA.  Still good machines to sew on.  I would restore it.  Look for parts list, operations manual and a mechanics manual if available.

Glenn thanks for reply.  Sorry I do not understand what you mean by parts might have form DA.  Could you elaborate? 
TY!

DA is Durkopp Adler  America.  They are in Georgia.  You can call and order parts from them via a credit card.  You must have part numbers available for them.  You want to talk to Denise in parts.  I think it is ext. #3. 

I think you will need to order the  the bushing part #  167-00-067-0, stitch length plate cover  #068-16-047-0,  and another tension assembly for the other needle thread.  You want to find parts list for a 167-273.      Superior Sewing and College sewing have the parts list for  Adler 167-372,373 single needle and that will work.

glenn

Edited by shoepatcher
grammar