Hello! I recently bought an industrial Juki that came with this servo motor. I was under the impression that the dial in the front would adjust the speed, however nothing changes when I turn it. Does anyone have this motor? Is there a way to change the speed? Photos of the motor are attached. Thank you!

IMG_0731.jpeg

IMG_0730.jpeg

IMG_0732.jpeg

Right now the motor is in the "off" position and the speed looks to e dialed to minimum.

When you depress the red toggle switch does it illuminate ?

If you remove the belt from the machine, place the dial 1/2 way, and push the arm down, does it run?

There looks to be a fuse on the backside between the motor cord and the convenience receptacle. Logically, the red power toggle shouldn't illuminate, if the fuse is blown, but there's no telling how it's really wired. 

One more source could be the brushes under those black plastic caps. They should be making contact with the armature via spring pressure,. If they're worn, the motor won't run. Generally it's intermittent though.
 If it's not something simple, then you'll need a meter to see where you have power, or don't have power..

The speed controller on my Adler cannot be adjusted to minimum. There isn't enough torque available to turn the machine, so it just sits there doing nothing. Th speed dial on mine does not set an RPM, it just sets a range of RPM. My foot on the pedal still controls the speed of the motor and the needle.
 To control the speed by setting  a specific rpm, you'll need a speed set controller, and I don't see one in your photos. It should still work as it is though. Mine does.

One more silly possibility, and I did it to my self, is that the setscrews that tighten the pulley to the shaft, weren't tightened down, so the motor shaft was spinning inside the pulley. I felt pretty stupid when I figured that out.

Edited by Silkcut

Thank you for your reply Silkcut! Yes the motor was off when I took the photos, but it works fine when it’s on, the only thing is that it’s really fast even when pressing ever so slightly on the foot pedal. I was hoping I could slow it down easily but I can’t figure out how yet. 

A speed reducer is your friend it adds torque and it will reduce the speed more. Leather machine company or Toledo industrial sewing machines.

Any chance the dial just sets the maximum speed?  That's how mine works.  A high startup speed is what you get with either older or very inexpensive servo motors.  Try installing a 45mm pulley on the motor.

The speed dial might have a set screw in it that came loose, Check for that and maybe see if you can pull that knob off and just turn the shaft behind it with pliers or something and see if that changes your speed