HeadFirst

New to everything, mostly

I am new to the group and fairly new to leather working. 
i have made a few very crude leather projects for myself to carry tools and knives. 

I have sewn fabrics on machines for years and thought that would transfer to leather. I was only partially right.

I few years ago I got a wild hair and bought a few leather machines that came up around here that I thought were bargains.  The first Machine is the Adler 167GK-373, I also have the Tippman HS, Singer 145WSV26 and Singer 29-4.  Like I said, wild hair and I tend to go big or go home.  I also go a industrial fabric machine, but that is a different story.   Only one of them, (the most expensive) was really set up and running well. That was the Adler and the 145W was in good shape, just really dirty... and big... and has 2 needles.   I almost immediately wrecked adler by trying to sew some thick webbing material.  Now I have a little bit of time and want to get them going again. 

Any help will be appreciated.  I will add a couple photos to give you an idea of what I am doing soon and  I will be posting as this journey progresses. 

I am also a youtube and research junky. So, if you have found any good tutorials on these machines or people using them, please don't hesitate to post them. 

Welcome! Enjoy the site/forums. (sorry, I've no advice on machines.)

Welcome to the group. Bunch of great people here. Enjoy!

3 hours ago, HeadFirst said:

I few years ago I got a wild hair and bought a few leather machines that came up around here that I thought were bargains.  The first Machine is the Adler 167GK-373, I also have the Tippman HS, Singer 145WSV26 and Singer 29-4.  Like I said, wild hair and I tend to go big or go home.  I also go a industrial fabric machine, but that is a different story.   Only one of them, (the most expensive) was really set up and running well. That was the Adler and the 145W was in good shape, just really dirty... and big... and has 2 needles.   I almost immediately wrecked adler by trying to sew some thick webbing material.  Now I have a little bit of time and want to get them going again. 

Moved your post to Leather Sewing Machines.

This site has limited file sizes for photo.  So when you post photos, resize the photos to 800 pixels in the longest dimension and you have lots of room for photos.

It's also a good idea to add your location to your profile.  It helps get the input and help from people closer to you.

From your IP address, looks like you are in Texas.

4 hours ago, HeadFirst said:

I am new to the group and fairly new to leather working. 
i have made a few very crude leather projects for myself to carry tools and knives. 

I have sewn fabrics on machines for years and thought that would transfer to leather. I was only partially right.

Any help will be appreciated.  I will add a couple photos to give you an idea of what I am doing soon and  I will be posting as this journey progresses. 

I am also a youtube and research junky. So, if you have found any good tutorials on these machines or people using them, please don't hesitate to post them. 

The Tippmann machine is very easy to use . . . https://www.tippmannindustrial.com/content/Manual-Boss-5-9-14.pdf  will allow you to download the instruction manual.

Just click it . . . check your "download" file . . . double click the manual there . . . and you're good to go.

May God bless,

Dwight

Edited by Dwight