Danne

Card wallet used for six years

I thought I share some photos I took after cleaning a wallet I made six years ago, and have have been daily used. Edge paint is not touched up, but thread is replaced from linen to synthetic (Meisi Xiange twist) 

Used:

jeZTNLa.jpeg

lQoon2D.jpeg

KrOaXB5.jpeg

When it was new:

UucOwGr.jpeg

CiqOYUp.jpeg

4xk67KI.jpeg

That card holder is still sexy even after 6years. Nice work! What particular leather is that? If you dont mind. 

Thanks. 

46 minutes ago, DieselTech said:

That card holder is still sexy even after 6years. Nice work! What particular leather is that? If you dont mind. 

Thanks. 

Thank you. Not sure if you asked about the exterior or interior leather. Interior leather is Alran Sully. Exterior leather was a sample piece from a Spanish reseller, unfortunately I can't find it now. But if it's something you really like, then let me know and I can ask another crafter who might remember since he bought from the same place years ago.

39 minutes ago, Danne said:

Thank you. Not sure if you asked about the exterior or interior leather. Interior leather is Alran Sully. Exterior leather was a sample piece from a Spanish reseller, unfortunately I can't find it now. But if it's something you really like, then let me know and I can ask another crafter who might remember since he bought from the same place years ago.

Thanks. I appreciate it. I've been looking at some of the Alran Sully for wallets. 

Does it have a firm hand/temper? 

Thanks. That Sully leather sure patinas nice. 

51 minutes ago, DieselTech said:

Thanks. I appreciate it. I've been looking at some of the Alran Sully for wallets. 

Does it have a firm hand/temper? 

Thanks. That Sully leather sure patinas nice. 

I would guess medium temper. Firm enough to make wallet interiors with single layers (not fully lined) very suitable for slimmer wallets because of the strength of goat leather.

45 minutes ago, Danne said:

I would guess medium temper. Firm enough to make wallet interiors with single layers (not fully lined) very suitable for slimmer wallets because of the strength of goat leather.

Thanks. I appreciate it. 

I like it better after 6 years of use. it has that patina old leather gets. Nice work, there.

7 hours ago, MarshalWill said:

I like it better after 6 years of use. it has that patina old leather gets. Nice work, there.

I agree, I like it more every time I see this wallet. 

Looks great Danne!

13 hours ago, thefanninator said:

Looks great Danne!

Thank you