Sign in to follow this  
Margherita

Best Buckles supplier in Canada?

Hello everyone!

I am looking for some suggestions on a supplier to buy buckles, rings, D-rings, snaps and rivets for dog accessories here in Canada.

I am based in Montreal and in the are the only one that I know is Cuir Desrocher.

I've also looked up other store in different provinces like Lonsdale leather, Longview leather and some in the US like Buckle Guy.

But my problem is that I didn't find the right design or the prices are high.
Do you have any suggestion?

Thank you!

@Margherita - Did you check out any of the suggestions I gave you in the private discussion?

As far as rivets go, it really depends on what type you're looking for.  For tubular double-cap rivets, I am really happy with Kamsnaps (from the US) and their service and support is really good and the shipping is quite reasonable.  For solid copper rivets, I go with Aaron Martin as @jcuk suggested.

On 2/10/2024 at 1:37 PM, jcuk said:

These are in Canada.

https://shop.aaronmartin.com/Products/folder/1

Hope this helps

JCUK

Thank you for the tip! they have a small selection of buckles and I look for something that it's less "standard-looking" (I don't know how to say it without sounding like a nightmare sorry!)

:)

On 2/10/2024 at 2:22 PM, MtlBiker said:

@Margherita - Did you check out any of the suggestions I gave you in the private discussion?

As far as rivets go, it really depends on what type you're looking for.  For tubular double-cap rivets, I am really happy with Kamsnaps (from the US) and their service and support is really good and the shipping is quite reasonable.  For solid copper rivets, I go with Aaron Martin as @jcuk suggested.

Thank you again :) I need something more sturdy, so yeah my research continues!

1 hour ago, Margherita said:

Thank you again :) I need something more sturdy, so yeah my research continues!

More sturdy?  You mean rivets or something else?  The solid copper rivets from Aaron Martin are probably as sturdy as you could ever get.  And they're often used in horse tack.

What kind of buckles are you looking for?  JT's Outdoor Fabrics has all kinds and I've bought from them often.

23 hours ago, MtlBiker said:

More sturdy?  You mean rivets or something else?  The solid copper rivets from Aaron Martin are probably as sturdy as you could ever get.  And they're often used in horse tack.

What kind of buckles are you looking for?  JT's Outdoor Fabrics has all kinds and I've bought from them often.

JT's Outdoor has only one that could be interesting for me (this: https://jtsoutdoorfabrics.com/1-Tongue-Buckle--Nickel-Plated-Zinc_p_18016.html) and the others are not what I look for. I can definitely buy one to see how it is but yeah not the perfect place for what I need :)