Dekunle

PURITAN MACHINE

Dear All,

I recently got this machine but there is no indication of its model. It is also missing the presser foot lever at the back, needles, the brackets that hold them as well as set screws that keep them in place. I need help finding where I can buy these parts.

Thank you so much

image.png.c362fafb6734b360a34bd184842fff62.png

@Uwe, can you help this new member?

Neither of the two Puritan catalogs I have (Puritan-Catalog-Manual-Parts-older.pdf  Puritan-Catalog-Manual-Parts-newer.pdf) show this model.

The Puritan website (http://www.puritanindustries.net) existed in 2015 but appears to have been abandoned. The company itself may still exist, but they’re not making it easy to find or contact them. Online searches only reveal a few obscure (and likely obsolete) references when searching for Puritan Industries.

Most of what I know about Puritan is based on my Puritan saga in 2015 (nine years ago!) chronicled in this topic:

Bottom line from my perspective is that I’ve given up trying to make my own Puritan work. My machine had mismatched parts, and making them match was cost prohibitive in 2015  and may be downright impossible now.

@DeKing best of luck with your machine. My advice would beDon’t get too invested and prepare for disappointment. 

Does anybody here know about any available equivalents of Puritan needles and awls (and needle brackets) for our new member's Puritan cylinder arm machine?

Contact Puritan in Mass.  They are still in business.  They can help you.

glenn

Puritan Industries, Inc

PO Box 186

Collinsville, CT 06022

I purchased Needles and Awls back in 2020  I also purchased the Tech manual

Phone # 860-693-0791