Chief Filipino

Bohanna & Tasker Co Wallet

Hello Everyone! 

I came across a leather wallet in an antique store that caught my eye and I really love it! I have been trying to find some information about the company so I could also perhaps determine the age of the wallet. The antique dealer said that the person who brought it in focuses a lot on items from the 1920s so it could possibly be from that time. I am hoping that someone from England perhaps knows of some info or resources that could help me track down the history of it. I appreciate any help I can get. I'm also amazed at the condition this is in if it is indeed about 100 years old! I also really love the patina on it. I plan on restoring it a touch to get it back into functional condition and I will actually use the wallet! 

Here's what I have found out so far: 

1. Stamp inside says, "Bohanna & Tasker Co Manchester" 

2. Internet search found a book titled "The Commercial Directory And Shippers Guide" from 1879 where it mentions that the company is a wholesaler and has two locations in Manchester.

3. Unverified info that it came from the 1920s

Hopefully this link works (I wasn't able to upload the images on this because of the size limit so hopefully you're able to see it with the link)

1 hour ago, Chief Filipino said:

I wasn't able to upload the images on this because of the size limit

Your photos in the Gallery are quite visible.

If your files are too large to post here due to file size restrictions, you need to resize your files to fit.  Follow this link for some helps and suggestions.  https://leatherworker.net/forum/topic/15122-how-to-post-pictures-on-lw/?do=findComment&comment=551171 There are lots of Apps, software, and online tools available on the web, or even built into your device to enable you to reduce your file sizes.  800 pixels in the longest dimension is quite adequate.  Smart phone screens and many monitors don't display high res files in high resolution.  People that live on the fringes of the internet appreciate smaller file sizes and high res photos may take from 10 minutes to hours to download.

1 hour ago, Northmount said:

Your photos in the Gallery are quite visible.

If your files are too large to post here due to file size restrictions, you need to resize your files to fit.  Follow this link for some helps and suggestions.  https://leatherworker.net/forum/topic/15122-how-to-post-pictures-on-lw/?do=findComment&comment=551171 There are lots of Apps, software, and online tools available on the web, or even built into your device to enable you to reduce your file sizes.  800 pixels in the longest dimension is quite adequate.  Smart phone screens and many monitors don't display high res files in high resolution.  People that live on the fringes of the internet appreciate smaller file sizes and high res photos may take from 10 minutes to hours to download.

Thank you, I started trying to resize the photos with MS Paint but then gave up and just made the album. Is it easier for those on the fringes of the internet to view images in an album?  

Just now, Chief Filipino said:

Is it easier for those on the fringes of the internet to view images in an album? 

No, they are not compressed or resized.  First one in the Gallery is 1.9MB.