Pappys Leather

Adding spots to holsters

I want to try adding spots to some of my old west holsters. I haven't been able to find any instructions. Would I need to add a lining? Any help would be appreciated 

29 minutes ago, Pappys Leather said:

I want to try adding spots to some of my old west holsters. I haven't been able to find any instructions. Would I need to add a lining? Any help would be appreciated 

All the spots I have used have 2-4 metal tabs you bend over to hold it to the leather. I would definitely reccomend lining the holster after the spots were added. 

I always line my holsters regardless.  The rough side of leather is hard on the finish of the pistol.

I just started using dots, I've never liked too much bling but am starting to see the benefits. 

I've been using domed rivets but be prepared to buy twice as many as you think your going to need and keep in mind, they always seem to be in low quantities when I need some. 

Another thing to remember is to keep them positioned far enough away from the foot of your sewing machine so you don't crush them. Ask me how I know that. I've had to hand stitch in some areas because they were too close.

Hope this helps

KIMG2059.JPG

KIMG2073.JPG

Edited by Thadrick