PEU

Help me find parts (Adler 204/Cobra Class 7 lookalike)

Hi, purchased this machine a couple of weeks ago, and I want to modify the presser foot and alternating foot, but just in case I mess up, I would like to have replacement parts at hand, can you help me find part numbers for similarly sized parts? Thanks!

mSlwb6Z.jpeg

7RT2mDL.jpeg

92ciGLo.jpeg

jZeAS0V.jpeg

Z8MEU7M.jpeg

fQqZi2t.jpeg

Edited by PEU

Just from  looking at the pictures IMO this machine rather is a clone of the Seiko SLH 2B with some differences but I guess the feet of the SLH should work. Singer 7 parts may work as well since the SLH is the "predecessor" of the Singer Class 7. Another option for parts is the Consew 733 (same as the Seiko).

https://www.college-sewing.co.uk/parts-by-machine/seiko-sewing-machine-parts/seiko-slh-2b-2b-1-2b-fh1-parts

EDIT:

I just checked ebay for Consew 733 and found this https://www.ebay.com/itm/163280314467

Looks similar to what you are looking for. I would check with the seller because of the meassures.

Edited by Constabulary

9 hours ago, PEU said:

Hi, purchased this machine a couple of weeks ago, and I want to modify the presser foot and alternating foot, but just in case I mess up, I would like to have replacement parts at hand, can you help me find part numbers for similarly sized parts?

Please post your photos here.  3rd party hosted photos frequently disappear due to changes in the host's policies, host out of business, users moving files, deleting files, closing their account or the account expiring.  When this happens, the post becomes worthless to all future users who are researching or looking for help to solve a problem.

If your files are too large to post here due to file size restrictions, you need to resize your files to fit.  Follow this link for some helps and suggestions.  https://leatherworker.net/forum/topic/15122-how-to-post-pictures-on-lw/?do=findComment&comment=551171 There are lots of Apps, software, and online tools available on the web, or even built into your device to enable you to reduce your file sizes.  800 pixels in the longest dimension is quite adequate.  Smart phone screens and many monitors don't display high res files in high resolution.  People that live on the fringes of the internet appreciate smaller file sizes and high res photos may take from 10 minutes to hours to download.

Been using imgur for ages and photos are still up, but just in case per your suggestion here they are. Thanks!!

IMG_7505.jpg

IMG_7508.jpg

IMG_7642.jpg

IMG_7643.jpg

IMG_7644.jpg

IMG_7645.jpg

IMG_7646.jpg

22 hours ago, Constabulary said:

Just from  looking at the pictures IMO this machine rather is a clone of the Seiko SLH 2B with some differences but I guess the feet of the SLH should work. Singer 7 parts may work as well since the SLH is the "predecessor" of the Singer Class 7. Another option for parts is the Consew 733 (same as the Seiko).

https://www.college-sewing.co.uk/parts-by-machine/seiko-sewing-machine-parts/seiko-slh-2b-2b-1-2b-fh1-parts

EDIT:

I just checked ebay for Consew 733 and found this https://www.ebay.com/itm/163280314467

Looks similar to what you are looking for. I would check with the seller because of the measures.

Thanks! they looks similar indeed, thanks for the detective work!

On 3/6/2024 at 9:11 AM, PEU said:

Been using imgur for ages and photos are still up, but just in case per your suggestion here they are. Thanks!!

Thanks.  Appreciate you posting your photos here.  Many 3rd party hosted photos do stay up, as long as you use a reliable host and don't change any parameters for location, etc.  I've seen enough hosted photos disappear.  Have managed to find some of them, or had the OP find them, and others that are just plain gone.  A few months ago there was a tutorial where the photos disappeared.  Took a month or so for the OP to respond to a query on his website.  He had a computer crash and the photos are permanently lost.  That's why I bug people about it now.  Thank you again, spread the word!

I doubt your Sibyer  SB-6180-1 shares many, if any, parts with an Adler 204, Singer 7 class, or Seiko SLH. The resemblance to these machines is just superficial, the details are quite different.  I don’t know which machine that Sibyer is based on, sorry. 

Here’s a pic of the Sibyer SB-6180-1 from the company website:

image.jpeg

Here’s a picture of a Seiko SLH, which probably weighs twice as much as yours. Pictures often don’t convey a good sense of scale. 

image.jpeg

I think your best (yet slim) hope may be to find a retailer that sells Sibyer machines, and hope they have parts. Or contact Sibyer directly: http://www.sibyer.com , if your Chinese language skills are good.

You may be stuck with using the machine as it is, using the parts you have.

Thanks Uwe

Edited by PEU

Update:

Could not find the part, so I made it!

Inside the arm is a 3mm stainless rod to give it strength, its sewing fine! Now I need to make the open toe, pretty sure 3D print will not work due to is geometry. But at least now I can see what I'm sewing and without touching the OEM part.

Pablo

photo_2024-04-02_17-35-40.jpg

photo_2024-04-02_17-35-45.jpg

photo_2024-04-02_17-35-50.jpg

Very cool, congrats! How did you embed the metal rod in the part? 

The magic of 3D print is that you can design a feature that with regular machining would be a nightmare. The arm has an inside hole 0.2mm wider than the 3mm rod I used. CA glued it and slide it in with a toothpick ;)

Pablo

Captura de pantalla 2024-04-03 132329.jpg

@PEU Brilliant, love it!