Sign in to follow this  
jsfarm

211g155 need help

I bought a 211g155 at a auction. It has sat for awhile so bringing it back to life. It sews the wrong way, feeds from back not front. Need help figuring out why. It is not the motor. It has to be in the machine.

https://www.facebook.com/share/v/8ipYNdHAQGB5hLjV/?mibextid=oFDknk

Edited by jsfarm

Top of hand wheel should be turning toward you.

Edited by chisel

Watch my video, i am turning wheel towards me, but the walking foot is feeding material from the back, it sews backwards. How do i get it to correctly feed material from the front of walking foot? Like its.suppose too?

Edited by jsfarm

Does it have a reverse lever on the right? Is it up or down?

I'd flip it up so you can look at the bottom.   

Turn the hand wheel in the correct direction and watch the eccentric which is about 1/2 way from the pulley to the hook on the main shaft. The eccentric drives the feed dogs and the movement of the needle bar through a relatively complex linkage. 

There's a shortish shaft between the main shaft (with the pulley) and the feed dog shaft (the top shaft if your machine is flipped up).  This shaft is rotated by the reverse lever.   I'd check to see if that shaft can rotate back and forth with the reverse lever.  When the reverse lever is all the way up, it should move forward.  With it all the way down, it'll move in reverse.  You ought to be able to flip the linkage over by hand too. 

The eccentric is keyed to the main shaft. This eccentric is how the stitch length is set. 

That your outer presser foot not lifting also .

If the presser foot lever is up, the outer foot won't go up and down.  When the presser foot is down, it's the pushing down of the inner foot that lifts the outer foot. 

Edited by Quade

The 155 does not have a reverse, only the 156. This machine is a 211g155. 

You should still look under it at the linkage I'm talking about.  You still have the eccentric to set the stitch length.   Without reverse, you'd be missing the middle shaft but, something is wrong between the eccentric and the shaft that moves the feed dogs/needle bar.  Something about the linkage is making the feed dog and needle bar go backwards.

I'd suggest posting a pic or movie of that lower linkage while you manually turn the hand wheel. 

Ok will try and get that tomorrow.

@jsfarm 211g165 manual.pdf There's 2 -ways to adjust the machine to feed in reverse,first check that the timing belt is installed correctly as shown on page #24 in this manual.If not when you adjust it so it is you'll have to re-time the hook.

16 hours ago, jsfarm said:

Watch my video, i am turning wheel towards me, but the walking foot is feeding material from the back, it sews backwards. How do i get it to correctly feed material from the front of walking foot? Like its.suppose too?

I watched it. My apologies.

4 hours ago, CowboyBob said:

@jsfarm 211g165 manual.pdf There's 2 -ways to adjust the machine to feed in reverse,first check that the timing belt is installed correctly as shown on page #24 in this manual.If not when you adjust it so it is you'll have to re-time the hook.

My machine is a 155, not a 156

2 minutes ago, jsfarm said:

My machine is a 155, not a 156

Still adjusts the same,the only difference is the 156 has a push button to adjust the height of the foot walk on the top.

4 minutes ago, CowboyBob said:

Still adjusts the same,the only difference is the 156 has a push button to adjust the height of the foot walk on the top.

Can you show.me.where the push button is? I'm just learning.

14 hours ago, Quade said:

You should still look under it at the linkage I'm talking about.  You still have the eccentric to set the stitch length.   Without reverse, you'd be missing the middle shaft but, something is wrong between the eccentric and the shaft that moves the feed dogs/needle bar.  Something about the linkage is making the feed dog and needle bar go backwards.

I'd suggest posting a pic or movie of that lower linkage while you manually turn the hand wheel. 

https://www.facebook.com/share/v/YhVnY8MT1ftYaavB/?mibextid=Nif5oz

9 minutes ago, CowboyBob said:

Is it the button you push for stitch length?

The video showed be a bunch.  My theory about the linkage being wrong is wrong.  That linkage is too simple to be wrong.  

I wonder if the eccentric, the thing on the main shaft that pushes the feed dogs has been rotated out of it's true position.  If it's 180 degrees out, the feed dogs and needle bar will probably go backwards.  It'll pull when it's supposed to push.  

I don't believe the timing belt being off will make it go backwards.  It'll just mess up the "needle through the cloth" timing. 

2 hours ago, jsfarm said:

Is it the button you push for stitch length?

No that is the same,the 156 has another button on top.Like I wrote on FB either the belt is on wrong or the cams aren't in the slot on the bottom shafts.

Edited by CowboyBob