Sign in to follow this  
DieselTech

Where does this piece go? Cobra Class 4

Guys & gals I'm assembling my cobra class 4.

Where does this screw in thread guide go? It was in with a bag of parts. I cant seem to find anything about it. Now lmao I havent looked in the manual yet for it. 

I found 1 spot on top of the sewing machine it threads into, I just dont know if that is where it goes. 

The other thing is, if it is used what's it used for? & how is thread routed thru it?

Thanks. 

phpu2zlj5PM.jpg

phppKI4d0PM.jpg

That's a thread guide and it goes where you put it, I think.  My Class 4 didn't have one and it is not mentioned in the LMC instructions for threading.  My Class 26 has this guide and you can route the thread straight through one hole, or make a serpentine pattern through additional holes to add tension to the thread.  My Class 4 has been happily running for 3 years without this thread guide.  

15 minutes ago, TomE said:

That's a thread guide and it goes where you put it, I think.  My Class 4 didn't have one and it is not mentioned in the LMC instructions for threading.  My Class 26 has this guide and you can route the thread straight through one hole, or make a serpentine pattern through additional holes to add tension to the thread.  My Class 4 has been happily running for 3 years without this thread guide.  

Thanks TomE I appreciate it. Yeah I watch like 50 videos & read 14 articles & could not find anything on it for the class 4. 

I'm going to run without it then. 

Thanks.

Install that guide into the top of the head. If you run into a coily/twisty spool of thread, run the thread through the top hole, then wrap it counterclockwise halfway around the post and feed it out of the bottom hole.This will counteract the coiling effect.

34 minutes ago, Wizcrafts said:

Install that guide into the top of the head. If you run into a coily/twisty spool of thread, run the thread through the top hole, then wrap it counterclockwise halfway around the post and feed it out of the bottom hole.This will counteract the coiling effect.

Thanks. For the tip. I would have never thought about that. I will go ahead install it, then it wont get lost.