AWORKOFMARC

Is there a washing machine/water proof leather for heat embossed garmet tag?

Im looking for a leather or faux leather that I can use as a tag, that's heat stamped (no foil) with a logo and then riveted to garments -- that can hold up for the life of the garment/washings. 

Would some type of Chrome tanned or faux leather work?  If not... any suggestions how to accomplish that look?

I tried https://lonestaradhesive.com/ she replied with "For embossing, your best option would be to source a genuine leather. The leatherette would likely expand and retract during the washing process, weakening the imprint of your logo over time."

I seriously doubt any veg-tanned leather would hold up. That's why I was thinking chrome. Some chrome leather is so treated it won't even burn using the embosser.  I have some that while holding the emboss stamp against it at 130 degrees for 20 seconds, applying full downward pressure, hardly even imprints the stamp. If I do that to veg tanned it'll burn and with crispy edges in 7 seconds.

Edited by AWORKOFMARC

Are you looking for a waterproof leather? Hydro Repel leather is waterproof, but only comes in 2 colors. Black & chestnut. 

This Stuff!

php7GMfYEAM.jpg

In washing machines, clothes get soaked. So, while there are water repelling leathers, they might not be soak-proof. 

3 hours ago, DieselTech said:

This Stuff!

php7GMfYEAM.jpg

I';ll check it out!! TY

2 hours ago, SUP said:

In washing machines, clothes get soaked. So, while there are water repelling leathers, they might not be soak-proof. 

My thoughts too, plus they're getting tossed around, rubbed against things and generally take a beating (and often in hot water). And then you've got assorted soaps and detergents to contend with. I doubt if any leather/faux leather is going to be too happy with all that going on.

Edited by dikman

Good points gents..

Thanks. as a long shot I'm ordering some Hydro and doing self testing.