Thadrick

New holsters

6 hours ago, Thadrick said:

Only one side, between me and the phone. If it blocks phone signals form being received, who cares, as long as my phone is close to me if "I" have an emergency and need help.

I must apologize to you Thadrick.  I shouldn't draw conclusions based on one fragment of information.  I had assumed the phone would be wrapped rather than just one side, between the phone and you.  With your history, I'm sure I'd be probably even more paranoid about having more problems develop over time.  I totally agree with having a cell phone handy for emergencies.  That and the connection to my hearing aid are the main reasons I carry mine all the time.  It helps finding addresses too!

Off topic, but what type of boiler work do you do?  I've been a steam/stationary/power engineer (which ever name your jurisdiction uses) for 55 years now.  Have seen some interesting events (no BOOMS) as well as call outs to determine the cause of failures when the shift engineer couldn't figure out the cause of problems on his shift.

The plant I work in requires that I maintain troubleshoot and fix any issues with the boilers and take readings every hour 

When I took the job we were running two Detroit 850hp coal fired boilers and a gas/fuel oil 450hp boiler for summer use when the Detroit broilers were being tore down and cleaned.  They were amazing but then the new engineers decided we needed new boilers so they tore them out so I was operating two gas/oil 850hp boilers temporarily till the project was finished. That's when we took over the new plant with one 750hp boiler combined with two 450hp hot water coal fired boilers converted to steam by the engineers. We told them it wouldn't work but our engineer is young and stubborn and made it work (for 2 years) before they finally destroyed themselves.

At the present time I'm running the 750hp boiler along with a rented 850hp fuel oil temporary backup that is nicknamed "old rusty". Under the contract were not allowed to fix or maintenance that boiler and the company is supposed to do that. We've been renting it for 3 years and we haven't seen the owner do anything to it. 

Were all just biding our time till something serious happens and hoping that someone else is on shift when it does.

The 750hp gas boiler has been doing all the work for 8 years now while the temp boiler is warm and on standby.  Needless to say, other than testing safeties regularly the 750hp boiler hasn't had a tear down or clean up in that time

The biggest problem with the government engineer is that he's allowed to use DOD and international guidelines during the construction.  I've been an electrician for 28 years and my father was an electrical inspector.  You wouldn't believe the amount of electrical violations in the plant. They didnt even look at special occupancies sections in the code book and the contractor took advantage of it.

I'm not much of a plumber but those that know claim it's not good either.

The bad news is that the same engineer is in charge of designing the next plant.

We also have a new 12kva generator that we maintain also.

I really like the work but as stated above, the plant sucks. I've contracted and wired three boiler plants when I was in the field, I just can't believe what the contractors got away with on this job.

Almost done with my grand daughters holster, the only hold up is waiting for my daughter in law to give me demensions so I can get the strap installed

KIMG20240507_1840234091.jpg

1 hour ago, Thadrick said:

Almost done with my grand daughters holster, the only hold up is waiting for my daughter in law to give me demensions so I can get the strap installed

KIMG20240507_1840234091.jpg

I really like these holsters. It took me a while to realize the curved top mimics a trigger cutout. The conchos are very classy. I may try my hand at one.

On 5/5/2024 at 4:33 AM, Mablung said:

Well that was quick. lol, done

KIMG20240507_2111043431.jpg

KIMG20240507_2111151991.jpg

Thanks