Recently asked for a pattern for a derringer holster . . . wound up making my own.

Also got a request for a big boy . . . Glock 10mm full size with laser 

And a request for a Ruger .45 . . . with laser.

Derringer was a pain in the neck . . . my vacuum pump ran overtime getting that thing shaped up . . . 

The Glock and Ruger needed special treatment so the holster didn't turn on the laser . . . wound up making a kydex interior holster . . .  covered with 7/8 veg tan . . . saddle tan to finish it with couple coats of 50/50 resolene.

Holstering and unholstering . . . sounds like the kydex holster . . . makes one do a double take looking at  the holster.

Anyway . . . sure don't plan on making these for a living . . . three of the hardest holsters I've ever made.

May God bless,

Dwight

derringer 2.jpg

gl ruger in shapcake.jpg

gl ruger with snapcake 2.jpg

glock in snapcake.jpg

glock with snapcake 2.jpg

They look great. Nice work. 

What caliber was the Bonds Arms derringer?

Thanks. 

dang nice job of it though, I can see how that derringer could be a real task indeed!! Btw are those "suicide straps" I see lol.

3 hours ago, DieselTech said:

They look great. Nice work. 

What caliber was the Bonds Arms derringer?

Thanks. 

Thanks . . .  .45 Long Colt / 410 shotgun . . . kind of a "big boy" derringer.

May God bless,

Dwight

3 hours ago, chuck123wapati said:

dang nice job of it though, I can see how that derringer could be a real task indeed!! Btw are those "suicide straps" I see lol.

Thank you  . . . Yup . . . suicide straps . . . both the Ruger and the Glock . . . belong to a fellow in his mid / late 80's . . . all sorts of rhumatizz . . . and I had to put something on there to make sure he didn't lose one to some teenage "grabber" if he was out.  He couldn't handle a thumb break.

Thumb break went on the derringer though.

May God bless,

Dwight

3 hours ago, Mablung said:

Good work across the board. That Ruger is an ugly gun…

Yeah . . . ugly it is . . . but .45 it also is . . . which kinda gives it a bit of a pass.

They're super ugly in 9mm

May God bless,

Dwight

1 hour ago, Dwight said:

Thank you  . . . Yup . . . suicide straps . . . both the Ruger and the Glock . . . belong to a fellow in his mid / late 80's . . . all sorts of rhumatizz . . . and I had to put something on there to make sure he didn't lose one to some teenage "grabber" if he was out.  He couldn't handle a thumb break.

Thumb break went on the derringer though.

May God bless,

Dwight

Yeah . . . ugly it is . . . but .45 it also is . . . which kinda gives it a bit of a pass.

They're super ugly in 9mm

May God bless,

Dwight

Lol. I like shooting .45, though I confess to carrying 9mm. My typical carry gun is a semi-custom CZ 75 P-01 Omega, though, with green and black grips, so it’s a lot prettier than that horrid Ruger. 

9 hours ago, Mablung said:

Lol. I like shooting .45, though I confess to carrying 9mm. My typical carry gun is a semi-custom CZ 75 P-01 Omega, though, with green and black grips, so it’s a lot prettier than that horrid Ruger. 

My preferred carry gun is my SA officer model with walnut grips . . . feels SOOOOOOOOooooo good in the hand . . . and it shoots great as well.

But in many circumstances . . . especially as a pastor . . . discretion is necessary . . . so I have a little olive drab (??) S&W shield.  Handling it . . . I hate it . . . but for concealment . . . it goes in my back pocket . . . and I'm Roy Rogers all over again.

May God bless,

Dwight

I cant speak for the others but my bond arms was probably one of the toughest holsters Ive made. I know your pain. 

I took mine and dropped the trigger guard and then ordered a 3" barrel for it and the next holster was still diffucult but turned out much prettier. I used a metal clip to attatch to my belt so I can take it off easier when in a vehicle and such. 

The thing I dont like about the bond arms is the serious lack of accuracy. I used to shoot on the police team in my home town and even with that training and experience I cant get mine to shoot strait. 

Still better than throwing rocks I guess, just gotta be close.

KIMG2156.JPG

KIMG2155.JPG

KIMG2154.JPG

3 hours ago, Thadrick said:

I cant speak for the others but my bond arms was probably one of the toughest holsters Ive made. I know your pain. 

I took mine and dropped the trigger guard and then ordered a 3" barrel for it and the next holster was still diffucult but turned out much prettier. I used a metal clip to attatch to my belt so I can take it off easier when in a vehicle and such. 

The thing I dont like about the bond arms is the serious lack of accuracy. I used to shoot on the police team in my home town and even with that training and experience I cant get mine to shoot strait. 

Still better than throwing rocks I guess, just gotta be close.

KIMG2156.JPG

KIMG2155.JPG

KIMG2154.JPG

That's a good looking alternative to my all black version . . . 

And I also like the longer barrel . . . 

Definitely better than throwing rocks . . . although historically a guy named David was pretty good.

I did black because my customer wanted it for concealed carry . . . and it was IWB . . . hidden amongst the shadows.

Have fun with it . . . may God bless,

Dwight

15 hours ago, Mablung said:

lol I've failed to see any pretty in any of the lil plastiguns they all look the same to me. The wife actually made me buy one last year, yes a G3c and my first 9mm to boot but i enjoy it a lot shoots every time and i could probably scare the crap outa someone at 20 yards. Living in Wyoming the land of many guns gun violence is pretty rare, I've never felt the need to carry until the last couple of years.

23 minutes ago, chuck123wapati said:

lol I've failed to see any pretty in any of the lil plastiguns they all look the same to me. The wife actually made me buy one last year, yes a G3c and my first 9mm to boot but i enjoy it a lot shoots every time and i could probably scare the crap outa someone at 20 yards. Living in Wyoming the land of many guns gun violence is pretty rare, I've never felt the need to carry until the last couple of years.

I have a souped-up Glock 19 I carry as well, in addition to a couple other plastic guns. My 19 looks good, if you’re into hard, angular lines, but it just doesn’t have the same aesthetics as my CZ. I don’t generally think very highly of Taurus, but I have yet to hear anything bad about the G3c. A friend has I think a G2c, and the front sight screw came a bit loose, allowing the sight to spin around backwards, when shot. I gave him a lecture, spun the sight back around, and put some threadlocker on it. That annoyance aside, he said it was fairly accurate, for its small size.

Give me my Glock or CZ any day, though. Head shots at 50 yards and body shots at 100 with either one. 

1 hour ago, chuck123wapati said:

Yup, same her, started packing a couple years ago.

I bought a plasmatic gun a year ago and took it to the range, stove piped 6 times in 100 rounds using various ammo, stopped at Rockies on the way home traded for a wheel gun. It hasn't stove piped yet. 

1 hour ago, Dwight said:

That's a good looking alternative to my all black version . . . 

And I also like the longer barrel . . . 

Definitely better than throwing rocks . . . although historically a guy named David was pretty good.

I did black because my customer wanted it for concealed carry . . . and it was IWB . . . hidden amongst the shadows.

Have fun with it . . . may God bless,

Dwight

I have a black one also. Same pattern but the brown one is prettier lol

33 minutes ago, Mablung said:

I have a souped-up Glock 19 I carry as well, in addition to a couple other plastic guns. My 19 looks good, if you’re into hard, angular lines, but it just doesn’t have the same aesthetics as my CZ. I don’t generally think very highly of Taurus, but I have yet to hear anything bad about the G3c. A friend has I think a G2c, and the front sight screw came a bit loose, allowing the sight to spin around backwards, when shot. I gave him a lecture, spun the sight back around, and put some threadlocker on it. That annoyance aside, he said it was fairly accurate, for its small size.

Give me my Glock or CZ any day, though. Head shots at 50 yards and body shots at 100 with either one. 

Dang now i want to go shootin lol. That cz is a pretty gun for sure. We have two Taurus's in the family mine and my sons pt92, never had a fail to fire on either so far for any reason. I've read all the hooey on them but found it isn't true with the newer models.  That pt 92 will hang with them at 100 yards.

7 minutes ago, Thadrick said:

stopped at Rockies on the way home traded for a wheel gun. It hasn't stove piped yet. 

Heck yea my dad toted a charter arms bull dog 44, wish i had it now. light, reliable and darn hard hitting.

3 hours ago, chuck123wapati said:

Dang now i want to go shootin lol. That cz is a pretty gun for sure. We have two Taurus's in the family mine and my sons pt92, never had a fail to fire on either so far for any reason. I've read all the hooey on them but found it isn't true with the newer models.  That pt 92 will hang with them at 100 yards.

The PT92 is really a great gun. I’d not trade my Czech peashooter, but I also have a nice personal attachment to that gun now. I’ve carried this gun the last year and a half, eight years total, soon as I could get a carry permit. Glock, terrible pseudo 1911 briefly, an HK VP9 for four and a half years, another souped-up Glock, which now trades out from time to time with my CZ. Got great personal connections to all three of my carry guns. Like the Marine sniper says about his rifle. I really, really have an itch to shoot…if I lived near Wyoming, I’d go with you, lol. 

Edited by Mablung