I get impatient, share stuff before it's done...so, here I go again...

I was watching Kingdom Glory Leather stuff on the Tube, whence I discovered a couple of his "Leveling up my old wallet..." videos. That got me to thinking, maybe it's time for me to do the same. The artwork is very much inspired by KGL artwork, but I really like the style so I'm thinking I'll play around with it some more. It's not perfect, but I reworked the parts a bit to allow for better stitching. Now if I can just improve my edge work and my finishing, I'll feel pretty decent about this one. The design of the parts is my own, no more kits or purchased patterns for me on the wallet front.

Anyhew, just thought I'd share...fire away!

Mike

P.S. I bought the set of TLKKUE edgers off'n the Amazon...90 bucks for five edgers, two sharpening blocks, and a case...so far, I love the edgers! One of them needed a little work out of the box, but the others all made great cuts immediately. Once I got the #3 honed up, it worked like a charm as well. The handles aren't works of art, but they are comfortable and seem sturdy; angles and ergonomics are good; all things considered, they're MUCH better than the handful of edgers I've used for the last 20 years...one day I'll learn to trust my gut when it says 'move on.' Anyways here's the link in case anyone wants to poke around:
 Amazon.com: TLKKUE Leather Trimming Tools, 5 PCS of Leather Edge Beveler Skiving Kit with Sandalwood Handle, 2 Sharpener Guide for Leather Cutter Head, Different Sizes Trimming Leather Edges for DIY Leather Craft.

wallet1.jpg.ba2baea2e0fb61ffbaf7c8324f249f0a.jpg     wallet2.jpg.04a136988ae9da121fbd9588486d4cf0.jpg

Looks great soo far. Awesome work! Looks nice. 

I’m not usually huge on basketweave, but I REALLY like the pattern you did on the wallet back. Very nice. 

Here it is in finished form...

wallet3.jpg.24e5ebd05bda1049fd3c0c3beaac6f52.jpgwallet4.jpg.e7fc36f89dc33c3c533ce1507d597c19.jpgwallet5.jpg.219205f60f27f315ddf331bfe2ff8814.jpg

Nice work.

Myself, I can't get a dye job with varying shades where it doesn't look like I just spilled the dye bottle.

Well…this finish was just a happy accident.  This build was a sample…but i decided to tool and finish it for practice…. Dollars to donuts I can never do it again…