Sign in to follow this  
Cranky

Searching For A Tippmann Boss

I knew that I was going to regret it one day. Yup, I sold my Boss about twelve years ago. It was loaded. I loved that thing, but I was so busy in my day job that it wasn't being used very often. Now I'm trying to retire, but I don't have any income except for Social Security. I would like to supplement my income by making holsters, tack, and knife sheeths. I need your help in locating a reasonably priced Boss. (remember that I am on Social Security) Thank you so much for your assisstance.

We have a Wanted section in the marketplace, under machinery. Place a want ad there. But, beware of scammers who may reply with a referral to a friend who has one for sale. They send a stolen photo and an email address. You send the money and they disappear with it. This has happened a few times.

Here’s a couple things to think about. I heard of  one person last year who called Tippmann’s directly. They either had one on hand or coming in for refurbishing and the price was good with the warranty they give after refurbishing. It would be worth checking with them. As far as buying online from a private party, be VERY cautious! It seems like the Boss is one of the most common things that scammers list. Good price, story of “found in a storage unit” or “bought last year and hardly used it” . Super cheap pricing and never comes through. If you do find one, do not pay by any method that doesn’t give rock solid buyer protection. 

27 minutes ago, Cranky said:

I knew that I was going to regret it one day. Yup, I sold my Boss about twelve years ago. It was loaded. I loved that thing, but I was so busy in my day job that it wasn't being used very often. Now I'm trying to retire, but I don't have any income except for Social Security. I would like to supplement my income by making holsters, tack, and knife sheeths. I need your help in locating a reasonably priced Boss. (remember that I am on Social Security) Thank you so much for your assisstance.

This might be of some use, not sure of the distance involved.

https://leatherworker.net/forum/topic/117212-tippmann-boss/?tab=comments#comment-746162

Hope this helps

JCUK