Hello! I'm Natalie Ryan, owner of Double Barrel Custom Leather! 

My main focus for my business is to create western horse tack with the horse in mind. All of the tack I make, I design for the horse's comfort. 

I want to change the pattern in the western industry of flashy, bulky tack that doesn't fit most horses. I want to help be a part of the change from one-size-fits-all horses or the generic Horse, Cob, Arabian, Draft sizes that don't usually fit. All horses are different in anatomy to some degree and generic sizes won't usually fit in all areas.

I am working in my local Oregon area to provide bridle fittings and offer custom fitting tack sets for local horses. It is my belief that a comfortable horse will always perform better than a stressed or uncomfortable one. I want to help people's horses and help make a difference in the western industry!

This is my first bridle that I made for my horse. 
IMG_1426.thumb.jpeg.c68f06b95227fb4a242e101a2d7d6ace.jpeg

IMG_1427.thumb.jpeg.25d187204cfdf76a8e54bd6b4e859b81.jpeg

He is a small Arabian with a petite face and he has always been tough to shop for. So, I made my own! I still have a couple of adjustments to make, including making a new throatlatch because it needs to be longer. 

With this bridle though, he has had almost zero fussing and he is performing better with it as well! I want to be able to share this with western riders. I want to give them a solution to bridles and tack sets never fitting. I want to help alleviate common bridle issues and ear shyness that comes with ill-fitting tack. That is my ultimate goal as a leatherworker.

Later this summer I also plan to enroll in bridle fitting classes to get my certification. This way I can be better informed and can do my job better as well as further educate future clients!

On top of horse tack I also dabble in tobacco pipe accessories, wallets, and riding chaps! 

IMG_1363.thumb.jpeg.84e4181bde784db3d2f876b56ed530aa.jpegIMG_0444.jpeg.1bc3a5c5536856b06eb68b3cd579544b.jpegIMG_0455.thumb.jpeg.645fc16b3bea81f98ae888b940c163ef.jpegIMG_0456.jpeg.a1ea7d3cccc224273cc4e7139dc06799.jpeg

I also have more example work on my website

I also regularly post on my Facebook page

Edited by DoubleBarrelCustomLeather

Welcome to the group. Lots of good folks and information here.

Welcome to the group.

I love what you are doing about horse equipment. I do not make any but I understand exactly what you explained. Each horse is different, just like we people are, and a proper fit will keep them comfortable. You clearly love horses. :)  Good luck. 

welcome to the forum, and I look forward to your input but to think horse tack hasn't been made for the horses benefit for literally thousands of years is just crazy lol. You would better serve the horse community trying to teach people how to buy and fit tack properly because that is the reality of the problem you are seeing not necessarily bad tack. good luck! 

Those chaps rock!!!!!!