HeatherMom6

Singer 211g 151--Please help

I posted about this machine before, but didn't get any help with the first set of issues. I am really in need of someone that has experience with altered industrial leather machines to help me out. I contacted a few "professionals" and got told they had never seen an industrial leather machine with the type of walking foot that this machine has. This walking foot is massive and is preventing me from using all factory settings. The machine was tinkered with before I was asked to try to get it stitching. In my other post, I had indeed gotten it to do a line of stitches, however, once I started trying to fix other issues: upper tension assembly,  hook timing, tension release mechanism, it seems that one thing will come into place, and other problem or problems arise. Is there anyone out there willing to help me troubleshoot this machine? 

IMG_2406.PNG

Cant really see the feed-dog . Is that just one large dog ?

Is it a Needle-Feed / drop-feed walk  ?  . I never seen a heavy large single-needle foot setup like that before on a 211.

It's interesting.. A different (side angle and rear ) Pic.of the feed and foot would be good to see.

Edited by nylonRigging

7 hours ago, HeatherMom6 said:

I posted about this machine before, but didn't get any help with the first set of issues. I am really in need of someone that has experience with altered industrial leather machines to help me out. I contacted a few "professionals" and got told they had never seen an industrial leather machine with the type of walking foot that this machine has.

T he 211g151 is NOT a walking foot machine. It is a needle feed machine. The needle moves in sync with the bottom feed dog, while dragging against the presser foot. I almost think I see a mini roller on one side of that foot. If so, it's probably a convoluted form of a roller foot to make it easier to feed sticky materials, like upholstery leather.

9 hours ago, nylonRigging said:

Cant really see the feed-dog . Is that just one large dog ?

Is it a Needle-Feed / drop-feed walk  ?  . I never seen a heavy large single-needle foot setup like that before on a 211.

It's interesting.. A different (side angle and rear ) Pic.of the feed and foot would be good to see.

Yes it is one large feed dog. Whatever this foot is, it is bolted with 3 large bolts up into the head of the machine plus a large hex wrench screw into the front. When I first got it, I did get the foot off, but after thinking about order of operation and the set up, I put it back on bc none of the other adjustments to the needle bar, hook timing etc could be done without this foot on. Second picture is the only identifier I can find for this foot. I have 2 other pics that I will try attaching. 

IMG_3103.jpg

IMG_3102.jpg

IMG_3099.jpg

IMG_3098 (1).jpg

I believe that a previous owner had that roller foot custom built, along with a matching, wide feed dog and throat plate. Unless you can figure out how this setup functions, you'll be better off buying the stock foot, feed dog and throat plate.

7 minutes ago, Wizcrafts said:

I believe that a previous owner had that roller foot custom built, along with a matching, wide feed dog and throat plate. Unless you can figure out how this setup functions, you'll be better off buying the stock foot, feed dog and throat plate.

Unfortunately I agree, and unfortunately the Amish man bought this machine from "a friend" bc of this foot. He thought that he would be able to sew his own leather tack, and help his family generate money. I will probably be straight with him and tell him that this machine is a true Franken-Singer and if he wants it to work, I would need to do what you said.....take it back to original stock parts. At least then it would be a functional machine, and still could sew tack. Other aspects have been altered as well, including parts missing from the bobbin assembly and tension assembly.  If only these machines could talk or I could find documentation on this foot---anything on that foot might be able to help with setup. Thank you for your input. 

4 hours ago, HeatherMom6 said:

Unfortunately I agree, and unfortunately the Amish man bought this machine from "a friend" bc of this foot. He thought that he would be able to sew his own leather tack, and help his family generate money. I will probably be straight with him and tell him that this machine is a true Franken-Singer and if he wants it to work, I would need to do what you said.....take it back to original stock parts. At least then it would be a functional machine, and still could sew tack. Other aspects have been altered as well, including parts missing from the bobbin assembly and tension assembly.  If only these machines could talk or I could find documentation on this foot---anything on that foot might be able to help with setup. Thank you for your input. 

He'll need a machine alot heavier than this one to sew tack,all this can sew as long as it's not dried out would be 5/16"

4 hours ago, HeatherMom6 said:

He thought that he would be able to sew his own leather tack, and help his family generate money.

I think he needs a Class 441 machine to do tack. A couple suggestions would be:

1) One armed bandits: Tippmann Boss, Cowboy Outlaw, Weaver Master Tool Cub

2) Motorized: Juki TSC-441 and clones

kgg

On 6/18/2024 at 7:01 AM, HeatherMom6 said:

Yes it is one large feed dog. Whatever this foot is, it is bolted with 3 large bolts up into the head of the machine plus a large hex wrench screw into the front. When I first got it, I did get the foot off, but after thinking about order of operation and the set up, I put it back on bc none of the other adjustments to the needle bar, hook timing etc could be done without this foot on. Second picture is the only identifier I can find for this foot. I have 2 other pics that I will try attaching. 

IMG_3103.jpg

IMG_3102.jpg

IMG_3099.jpg

IMG_3098 (1).jpg

-

The 211 parts to covert back is easy found,and cheep to do . but me.. I wondering what material stitching the original 112 owner was doing with this set-up ?
That a sham to just toss aside the prefab. foot/dog setup work that is on it. It was built and added to do a specific job on the old 211, and 'probably does it very well' .