I'm just going to start posting pictures of cool things I find made with leather. I would appreciate if anybody would be kind enough to post how to make these kinds of things! Thanks!

4d23189d64aa1e3c678afb4aae8b5bf3--black-leather-corset-handmade-leather.jpg

leather, eyelets, black dye wrap a piece of card stock around your wrist measure and cut it out to the shape you like transfer to leather cut it out, punch and install eyelets and finish with nfo oil and dye. I would also burnish the edges or possibly lace them.

The only thing I need to know is how do ya get the cris cross pattern, what angle is used to make the diamond shape?????

1 minute ago, Doc Reaper said:

The only thing I need to know is how do ya get the cris cross pattern, what angle is used to make the diamond shape??????

Do you per chance know what the pattern is made out of?

12 minutes ago, Doc Reaper said:

The only thing I need to know is how do ya get the cris cross pattern, what angle is used to make the diamond shape?????

2 to 1for diamonds those are square so just a ruler and scribe is needed.

11 minutes ago, MasonLikesLeather said:

i make my patterns out of card stock or some such heavy paper, old clothes boxes from xmas, lol. 

1 hour ago, chuck123wapati said:

i make my patterns out of card stock or some such heavy paper, old clothes boxes from xmas, lol. 

Nice, haha

2 hours ago, Doc Reaper said:

The easiest way to get the diamond pattern (and makes it so that its scalable to your wrist size) is this.  Using paper (ideally vellum) make a grid with lines equidistant apart from each other. So if you want 1 inch squares then just make all the vertical lines 1 inch apart, and all the vertical lines 1 inch apart. 

On the leather brace, mark out a rectangular border line. Then lay your tracing paper over your leather brace and scribe the lines as they fall within the border you made.  Or you could even just mark where the lines overlap with the border, then use a ruler to connect them afterwards.

thats the way I would do it... you could try to measure it all out on the leather without the overlay,  but it would take more time (or at least it would take me more time)

and to the original poster...follow what was suggest before.  Dye it black, put rivets where the lines make an x, and then use a v or u gouge (looks like a v to me).

Edited by elnedro
added info

Like Chuck said those are squares . This is how I do diamonds .  

I too think a V-gouge was used 

7 hours ago, MasonLikesLeather said:

I used heavy art stock purchased at Hobby Lobby. I used the almost 2 to 1 rule. I drew a straight line up and down. Then I drew a line at 35 degrees, then I measured for the opposite side with a ruler and mirrored it. If I had the heat I'd make a "how to" video

On 7/3/2024 at 8:29 PM, Doc Reaper said:

I used heavy art stock purchased at Hobby Lobby. I used the almost 2 to 1 rule. I drew a straight line up and down. Then I drew a line at 35 degrees, then I measured for the opposite side with a ruler and mirrored it. If I had the heat I'd make a "how to" video

cut a piece of cardstock what ever width you want then simply use it to draw or scribe your diamonds or squares at any angle you wish. you can draw then on the pattern or scribe them directly on the leather. takes no math if you don't want or you can use a protractor to get a precise angle.

diamond1.jpg

1 hour ago, chuck123wapati said:

cut a piece of cardstock what ever width you want then simply use it to draw or scribe your diamonds or squares at any angle you wish. you can draw then on the pattern or scribe them directly on the leather. takes no math if you don't want or you can use a protractor to get a precise angle.

diamond1.jpg

That is a great way of explaining it!