goober

Source for engraved metal hand bag label

Hello good leather people,

I am in the process of drawing out a leather purse that I intend to make.  One purse that I am looking at for ideas has a gold colored metal plate on the outside with a logo on it.  I wanted to know if anyone could point me to a good source for a custom plate or label that I could have initials engraved on it real fancy like.

I checked etsy, saw some possibilities but I wanted to check with the experts to see if there are any other options.

Thanks for reading.

3 hours ago, goober said:

I am in the process of drawing out a leather purse that I intend to make.  One purse that I am looking at for ideas has a gold colored metal plate on the outside with a logo on it.  I wanted to know if anyone could point me to a good source for a custom plate or label that I could have initials engraved on it real fancy like.

I checked etsy, saw some possibilities but I wanted to check with the experts to see if there are any other options.

Thanks for reading.

You could try asking Oklaroots on you tube. She uses them quite a bit. Not usually for leather but that doesn't matter. Come back when you find em. I did a quick look a while back.

11 hours ago, goober said:

Thanks for reading.

I think you just need to find someone in your area that does sport trophies. In Denmark they normally do engravings, and they would most likely have different types and shapes of small brass plates, that you could get anything engraved on. 

Again I don't know what the tradition is in America, but other shops that could do it would be jewelers or those shops that make dog tags and cut keys etc. 
If the shop has got a pantograph engraving machine, they can engrave any shape that you desire. 
I have got one, but it might be a bit easier to find someone local that you can talk to directly  :-) 
The machine can reduce an image easily, so if you draw your logo say 4"x4", then the machine operator simply follows the lines and the engraving head makes an exact reduced copy of it. My machine can reduce 8 times. So if the original is very large and you need the engraving to be on a tie tack, then you could always reduce it in two steps. 

73563319062__40C75C98-95F8-4029-8A2C-CF1402735DB6.jpg.cbace31528de83836a7747c87352315a.jpg

Here's a name plate that I engraved for a custom made headstall holder for a customer.

73563320335__0F2955AC-74BB-4F23-BF62-C36CB08A349F.jpg.f46cc7e216f9b690eac4d9fff29626ce.jpg

Here's a closeup of the engraving. 

Brgds Jonas

Look for name tags meant for dog collars

Le Prevo sells them

These folks make quality name plates and tags.  https://www.haltertags.com/