aulde

Help! Pfaff 545 H4 Presser Foot

Hello leather workers,

Thank you for letting me join the group. I have been reading this forum for the past year and am glad I finally signed up!

I recently acquired a Pfaff 545 H4 in pretty excellent condition. Outfitted it with a new service motor and even made a new oak tabletop for it.

I ordered a few sets of feet from Kwok Hing (khsew). I received the feet, and after installing on my machine I noticed that the new feet are about 2mm shorter than the OEM foot. Thanks to a post from @Uwe, I was able to lower the walking foot to compensate for the shorter feet, but this leaves the rear presser foot about 2mm above the needle plate at the lowest position.

Is there a way to lower the rear presser foot on the Pfaff 545? Or is there a better supplier of feet I can buy from?? Thank you!

IMG_6784.jpeg

are both of them piping feet and are they for the same piping thickness? I think feet for thicker pipings are probably shorter but it´s a guess.

14 minutes ago, Constabulary said:

are both of them piping feet and are they for the same piping thickness? I think feet for thicker pipings are probably shorter but it´s a guess.

Good question. I purchased a few different sets of feet, some piping feet for various thickness and a thin right hand zipper foot, all the same shorter height.

I just received the presser feet set I ordered from Amazon for my 545.  They are https://www.amazon.com/stores/ckpsms/page/8C8B8C59-BE53-42E6-B404-8E5D05BAEFB8?ref_=ast_bln&store_ref=bl_ast_dp_brandLogo_sto  and are now the 4th set I have ordered from them.  They fit just fine and I would recommend that brand.  I did order a different brand last year which stated it would work with Pfaff machines, however it did not.  I woudn't think ppresser feet are different for application, I can't see having to adjust your machine just to sew piping vs. regular stitching.  Also, if you order from Amazon, I have found their return policy to be easy and fair.

Edited by fibersport
correction

3 hours ago, fibersport said:

I just received the presser feet set I ordered from Amazon for my 545.  They are https://www.amazon.com/stores/ckpsms/page/8C8B8C59-BE53-42E6-B404-8E5D05BAEFB8?ref_=ast_bln&store_ref=bl_ast_dp_brandLogo_sto  and are now the 4th set I have ordered from them.  They fit just fine and I would recommend that brand.  I did order a different brand last year which stated it would work with Pfaff machines, however it did not.  I woudn't think ppresser feet are different for application, I can't see having to adjust your machine just to sew piping vs. regular stitching.  Also, if you order from Amazon, I have found their return policy to be easy and fair.

Thank you! Are you using an H4?

I have Pfaff 1245 706-47 CSMN, where "706-47" means the top feed lift during the operation is 7 mm, and C is needle rise bar rise of 2 mm. Top feed lift varies between variants -706/05 > 5 mm and 706/08 > 8 mm. I think the H4 has the highest feet lift.

Anyway, as far as I know all variants have same feet! There is a difference between some piping feet (my is shorter) than "ordinary" feet. I have some from the original machine, some bought on Aliexpress or Amazon and some at KHSew. All those feet are of the same height.

There is "top-to-bottom-feed timing" setting, where you set that the vibrating presser make half of the motion above and half below the presser foot sole. It's part of the timing sequence in the service manual. Before buying new feet I would suggest to go through the whole timing procedure, because the settings are connected. I think you can use  Pfaff 1245 service manual:,

https://www.supsew.com/download/Pfaff/Pfaff 245, 1245%3B 246, 1246 Service Manual.pdf

btw, I am pretty new to these, so take my advices with grain of salt

Mine is an H3.  The presser feet are the same between the H3 and the H4.

4 hours ago, fibersport said:

Mine is an H3.  The presser feet are the same between the H3 and the H4.

Any chance you might be able to tell me the height of one of your working presser feet? That way I’ll know immediately if it’s a part issue or machine issue.

thanks!

No problem, I'll reply back tomorrow.