I'm looking for a needle in a haystack. I have an OLD Pfaff 545 H4. I somehow managed to cross thread the screw that holds the needle in and damaged the threads inside the needle bar. I have been told by parts places that the #91-715436-92 is discontinued with no replacement number available. There has to be some floating around out there somewhere.

I too have a Pfaff 545 H4.

If you do a search for the german word for needlebar "Nadelstange" you will get some results; for instance:

https://www.ebay.at/itm/143445717099?itmmeta=01J4MT25NWKTRMHZH8ASJ1J88H&hash=item216607f06b:g:VQwAAOSw14Zd0qh4

https://www.ebay.at/itm/162859227791?itmmeta=01J4MT25NXJEFMNVR0JMN3X46A&hash=item25eb2a9a8f:g:wVEAAOSwtO1iQ7u2

I hope that this could be of help for you. 

Contec, a sewing machine dealer in Poland, apparently has the very needlebar you are looking for:

https://www.contec.pl/en/produkt/556859/2794/0/needle_bar.html

Sorry I can't help you with a bar but have you thought of having yours re-tapped?  I can't recall if it's a through hole but if it is, you can always insert the tap from the backside which might give you a better chance of hitting the original threads.  If this isn't your cup of tea, maybe a friend who knows machinery can help you out?  I think the thread is a M3.5.

You might try this one: https://www.cutexsewingsupplies.com/products/cutex-needle-bar-part-number-91-710650-92-compatible-with-pfaff-145-335-545-sewing-machine?variant=42810286604531

Thank you.  Yes that Contec number is the right one. Trying to see if they sell to the United States.

I'm afraid the 7106501 is a different diameter or length since it is not for the H4. I haven't found measurement for sure. Another complication is the needles that came with this very well used machine are the smaller system 135 like the H3 not the 190 they say for the H4 so I'm wondering if it has been modified in some way.

I may have to find someone to tap it. I am not at all mechanical.

You could adjust it for the shorter needles, the 190 system aren't very common, I had a 145 H4.  The 135's are a little more popular but there is another that is used on the Consew's but I can't recall what it is, that might be the way to go.  Good luck with your search.

15 hours ago, stablegear said:

Thank you.  Yes that Contec number is the right one. Trying to see if they sell to the United States.

I'm afraid the 7106501 is a different diameter or length since it is not for the H4. I haven't found measurement for sure. Another complication is the needles that came with this very well used machine are the smaller system 135 like the H3 not the 190 they say for the H4 so I'm wondering if it has been modified in some way.

I may have to find someone to tap it. I am not at all mechanical.

The longer needle breaks easier & are harder to find(we stock them though) so they adjusted it for the more common 135x17 needle.This needlebar is hard chrome steel & very hard to tap,BUT I do have it in stock for $24.00 + shpg,call to order.

3 hours ago, CowboyBob said:

The longer needle breaks easier & are harder to find(we stock them though) so they adjusted it for the more common 135x17 needle.This needlebar is hard chrome steel & very hard to tap,BUT I do have it in stock for $24.00 + shpg,call to order.

So am I understanding that the 91-710650-92 needle bar will fit the H4 that calls for 91-715436-92? Or do you actually have the 715436? I already ordered a 710650 since it was cheap enough to gamble and I have orders to sew!

Edited to add: I am open to ordering the 71536

Edited by stablegear
adding information