Sign in to follow this  
MattW

any questions about this draw knife

I can answer any questions about this draw knife.

Matt

matt__Medium_.jpg

post-5-1197930684_thumb.jpg

Well, it's about time somebody improved on the draw knife! So, how easy is it to adjust the width? And, do you have any other pics? Is the leather held down at the blade, like the wood one's Tandy sells?

Matt is that the same as the one I bought in Wickenburg? It looks different and says improved. I didn't think the one I purchased needed improving. Works great for me.

SkipJ

I need to cut 1.25" wide straps. Would you say this cuts more precisely and more easily than the osborne draw guage and the tandy strap cutter? I like that it takes regular blades which I can file.

ed

So, how easy is it to adjust the width.

Very easy, just loosen the knob at the back and slide the guide to the desired width.

Is the leather held down at the blade, like the wood one's Tandy sells.

Haven't looked at the Tandy one in a while.

The leather is held down by the top of the guide and the angle of the blade.

Matt is that the same as the one I bought in Wickenburg?

This is actually the 3rd incarnation of the Cut Quick. There are some subtle differences. I'll try to take some pictures of both and post them.

Esantoro, I haven't used either of the cutters you mentioned so I can't compare.

However,

The U shaped guide works better for me than the old Strap Master. I have the top and side of the guide to place the leather against. If I keep the guide on the leather it cuts fast and accurate.

Most of my strap cutting is on <8 oz leather. I glued leather to the underside of the guide to reduce the space there. If the gap in the guide is closer to the thickness of the leather you are cutting you don't get any curling that may affect the accuracy of the cut.

Hope this helps.

pictures later this week.

Looks like a great design. . . getting the cutting edge directly in line with the handle is perfect.

Since I'm out of the US (actually in Africa), is there some place I can purchase this online with a credit card?. . . that really is my only option. I would have it is sent to my family (in TX-my permanent address) and they would help get it out here to me.

I see the description sheet you posted has a phone number. . . as a last resort I could make the international call. FYI, I did "google" 'cut-quick draw gauge' and got nothing.

Much Thanks,

Doug