Sign in to follow this  
whinewine

used to have a download of every craftool made

I used to have a download of every craftool made, including the discontinued ones. It disappeared from my computer (probably my fault). If anyone happens to have such a download, could you post it, or at least tell me where to find it? I'm sure others would be interested in having this information also. Thank you. russ

Somewhere along the way I downloaded a bunch of files that are in a folder I call "stamp index." The files are all .jpg files. I've attached an example called "501.jpg" The folder also includes some Hackbarth & others. I have no idea where it came from. The folder has 2,310 images. I don't know any way to post it. I'd be glad to send you a CD if you'll PM your address. If one of the administrators here is willing to post the folder, I'll send them a CD also.

501.jpg.xs.jpg

Of course we will post it- thanks for the generous offer to share.

Johanna Schroer

PO Box 103

New Knoxville, OH 45871

Johanna

They say this list isn't complete, but it sure seems comprehensive

http://pslac.org/stamp1001-1500.html

Cheers

Marilyn

Marilyn, From my recollection, this PSLAC List is about complete that i am aware of. Bob Stelmack of the PSLAC puit this together a few years ago. However, I don't thinkl he include McMillans, Juscke, Hackbarth, and the present makers (Barry King, Bob Beard). If I am not mistaken, you can download it from the PSLAC site. Carlb

Wow Johanna, you live in New Knoxville? thats around New Bremen aint it? If so I used to live there and work for Crown....small world..lol Sorry about the Hijack

Wow. It's a very small world. My mother's family is all in New Bremen, so is my husband's, and he has 25 years at Crown. :)

(sorry Russ!)

Johanna

A pretty good place to check on Craftools is www.geocities.com/craftoolwyo/craftools.html if it doesn't work let me know and i'll try and put it up again. Billy P

A pretty good place to check on Craftools is www.geocities.com/craftoolwyo/craftools.html if it doesn't work let me know and i'll try and put it up again. Billy P

Billy, page says: Sorry, the page you requested was not found.

hey Wolf try it this way I think that I put it in wrong www.geocities.com/craftoolwyo/Craftools.html When I went back to where I have that place put up I noticed that the second Craftool began with a capital C. I hope this works if not let me know and i'll try some other way. Later Billy P

cool, that one works, thanks Billy

MikeG- The cd just came in today's mail. I will check it out and see what I can do with it. Thank you so much for the kind words, too.

Johanna

Mike, I also got the CD, thanks, I will see about getting it up if there are problems.

MikeG:

I just got mine today, but it probably won't be after Christmas till I get to play with it (we've been extremely busy the last few days). Again, Thanks. It's greatly appreciated.

russ

That collection of stamping tool images was put together by Bob Stelmack of PSLAC (click the Rawhide Gazette banner at the bottom of the page) a few years ago. PSLAC, Puget Area Leather Artisans Cooperative, is a dynamic leather guild that holds workshops, meetings, classes and also has an archive- a treasure trove- of leatherworking information available to members. And membership is not expensive, either, especially when you figure in the guild discounts many retailers extend to PSLAC members.

The images are of Craftools, McMillen, King, Smith, Gemini, Beard, Hackbarth etc tools and taps, and it's available from the members only area of the PSLAC website. http://pslac.org

Bob is a member here, and you can PM him with any other questions, too.

Johanna

Somewhere along the way I downloaded a bunch of files that are in a folder I call "stamp index." The files are all .jpg files. I've attached an example called "501.jpg" The folder also includes some Hackbarth & others. I have no idea where it came from. The folder has 2,310 images. I don't know any way to post it. I'd be glad to send you a CD if you'll PM your address. If one of the administrators here is willing to post the folder, I'll send them a CD also.

501.jpg.xs.jpg

I have over 600 old craftool stamps. But I would like a CD of this, if you would make it for me, I will pay you for this. Thank you Bob My email is bjc11755@gmail.com

I have over 600 old craftool stamps. But I would like a CD of this, if you would make it for me, I will pay you for this. Thank you Bob My email is bjc11755@gmail.com

Access to the stamping database is at: http://pslac.org/extras/extras.htm

The username access is: guest and the password is: guest

Hope this helps.

Bob Stelmack

Access to the stamping database is at: http://pslac.org/extras/extras.htm

The username access is: guest and the password is: guest

Hope this helps.

Bob Stelmack

Thanks for sharing this.

I would like to caution people that there are a lot of mistakes in the pslac guide. There are a great many stamps listed as made by Craftool that were actually made only by McMillin. I sent emails to them about this several timesm but they seem to have no interest in correcting their database.

I got the Craftool conversion list from Tandy by just asking for it. It lists all the old craftools and the alternatives currently available. I currently have about 325 tools, not counting 3-D stamps or letter stamps. Gump

hey Wolf try it this way I think that I put it in wrong www.geocities.com/craftoolwyo/Craftools.html When I went back to where I have that place put up I noticed that the second Craftool began with a capital C. I hope this works if not let me know and i'll try some other way. Later Billy P

Aw.....comeon folks. My Craftool Index has been on this site ( leatherworker.net ) for a couple of years. It is located in my blog on page 2. http://leatherworker.net/forum/index.php?app=blog&module=display&section=blog&blogid=31&st=10 or http://leatherworker.net/forum/index.php?app=blog&module=display&section=blog&blogid=31&showentry=68

WyomingSIick, found your index a while ago and a copy of it lives under my laptop for reference, its very useful, thank you so much for taking the time to compile & share it.