Sign in to follow this  
bcj

don't want nickel plated steel

Where can I get these? Most places I've checked only have nickel plated steel. I found them at Ohio Travel bag, but they require a $75.00 minimum for your first order.

So go Direct to Dot.

http://www.dotfastenersdirect.com/catalog.html

Art

Where can I get these? Most places I've checked only have nickel plated steel. I found them at Ohio Travel bag, but they require a $75.00 minimum for your first order.

bcj,

I think dot direct now has a $50 minimum, so in smaller quantities these are a bit more expensive but no minimums:

http://www.sailrite.com/s.nl/sc.2/category.35497/.f

Durable or ligne 24 snaps are the "Standard" in the Canvas industry. The ligne 20 are called baby dots and the ligne 16 are totally different and called segma snaps; you won't find 20 or 16 on boat canvas.

In the canvas/sail industry most of the snaps are nickle over brass unless stainless is specified.

Art

Thank you Art. That is what I needed.

When I ordered my catalog from Ohio travel bag, I emailed them asking them to send it to me, they told me to go to the area on thier site to order it so i emailed them back telling them that I was not going to pay $10 for a catalog that I may or may not use to order parts from. Them sending me a free catalog is a cost of doing business, and they will recomp the cost of the catalog and shipping fees for it from my first purchase. They wrote back askign me about my company, I explained that I mostly make bags for motorcycles, and I need cheaper hardware than my local Tandy sells for, and I gave them an example of the bag clasp I am most interested in that tandy sells for $6+ and they wrote me back that that clasp is thier item number xxx and is $1.20 each... I am required to spend $30 per order. I will copy and paste the email if needed... they quoted me a minimum of $30 per order, so you should NOT need to spend a minimum of $75. Let me know how it goes.... I received my catalog within 5 business days after I started emailing them about it too....

I went ahead and ordered $50.00 worth from dot direct. I paid the $10.00 for the Ohio Travel Bag cataog. It states that the minimum on your first order is $75.00 and $30.00 on all orders after that. I guess I should have called them to see if I could get around it. Thanks.

according to the person i emailed with, OTB is supposed to be changing thier policy about charging $10 for the catalog, and changing the site so you can order without having to pay for it....

sell the extra you dont want.