Kowboyboots

45 Bullet Concho on stirrup

Here is a picture of a stirrup I am trying to find the rest of the pictures of because of the concho. I want to find them or make some.

Do you recognize the maker?

Thank you

Kathy

concho45.jpg

post-7468-1232317043_thumb.jpg

I have seen that design(or one similar) on alot a motorcycle parts. Might try West Coast Choppers.Dave

Kathy,

I just saw a similar design on Etsy last week

I believe this one was a belt buckle. I did note

that the guy made them himself. Danged if I can

remember what I was searching for when I

found them. I believe he silver soldered them

together.

WINDY

Well it looks like it is a Jeremiah Watt saddle and he makes his own saddle silver.

Send him an email.........he will respond.

Tim

edit...........after applying some magnification to the makers mark, I don't think that is Jeremiah Watt after all.

Edited by Timbo

I found the belt buckles but they only had 5 bullets on them, well the ones I found.

This saddle was shown on the "Western Shooting Horse" website before they up dated the forum last year. Only this one picture got saved.

I was hoping to find some of these concho's already made, but if not I can make them.

Another example was Ron Stolp's design put into leather.

This is for SASS enthusiast so needs to be single action six shooter design.

Thanks for the ideas.

kathy

bullets.jpg

post-7468-1232341209_thumb.jpg

The saddle you are looking for is listed on ranchworld ads. The maker is listing it himself. Go to the website and you should be able to contact him, hopefully he will tell you where he got them. I liked them myself.

Ash

Hi Kathy,

The ones on the stirrup are .44 Remington Mag and the others are .38 Special. I am not sure the ones on the stirrup are conchos, they may be attached to the steel plate that mimics the cylinder. Note that the primers on the .44 are not fired. If making your own, and you want them unfired, they should be deactivated (I soak them in WD-40 for a day or two). The other pic, the primers are fired. Some folks want particular manufacturers too.

Art

Here is a picture of a stirrup I am trying to find the rest of the pictures of because of the concho. I want to find them or make some.

Do you recognize the maker?

Thank you

Kathy

Kathy, That saddle is owned by Waylon Wike. He's a saddle maker in Texas and that was his personal saddle and he's selling it now. I believe he or one of his friends made the conchos. I used to have an email for him, or you may can find his phone number on the web. Let me do some looking around.

Kathy, I did a yahoo search for Waylon Wike Saddles and the ad came up on ranchworld ads. It has a phone number and info to get a hold of him.

The saddle shown above is mine, or was until I sold it. The shells are 357 cut down and mounted in leather

I also made a followup saddle with 45lc shells

See the Show off section for pics of the new saddle

http://leatherworker.net/forum/index.php?s...4&hl=saddle

Hi Ron,

It says .38 SPL on the case heads, some are +P, none are .357 MAG. I guess you would know if it was yours though. The ones on the stirrup are .44 Mag.

Art

The saddle shown above is mine, or was until I sold it. The shells are 357 cut down and mounted in leather

I also made a followup saddle with 45lc shells

See the Show off section for pics of the new saddle

http://leatherworker.net/forum/index.php?s...4&hl=saddle

Hi Art

Boy do you have a good eye. All 38 caliber ammunition can be shot from a 357 including 38, 38 special and 38+p as well of course 357.

I have always referred to them as 357 which is wrong.It has been almost 30 years since I shot this caliber.

Here is the address to my webpage for more picture of this saddle

http://www.stolpsaddles.com/gamblingsaddle.html

This saddle was designed around the Idea of placing shells onto a saddle somehow, so I came up with this idea.

The stirrups at the top of the tread are not mine if someone got confused , but I like them might have to copy the idea.

Interesting seeing pics come from unrelated sites and showing up here.

Edited by StolpSaddles

Hi Ron,

Being a benefactor life member of the NRA, I doubt I need much instruction on ammo. I was getting to the fact that the customer (when buying custom) may want to specify the head stampings wanted on an item like this. They might want them the same or all different. Don't know how it is with saddles, but with gunbelts, the customer can get very particular as the rig can also be a fashion statement. With gunbelts they usually want Winchester or Remington and in "their" caliber. If they use .45LC they want .45 Colt and not .44 even though the loops are identical. With everyone reloading and using Starline and Top Brass cases, it can make it a little hard to find a Winchester round.

Art

Hi Art

Boy do you have a good eye. All 38 caliber ammunition can be shot from a 357 including 38, 38 special and 38+p as well of course 357.

I have always referred to them as 357 which is wrong.It has been almost 30 years since I shot this caliber.

Here is the address to my webpage for more picture of this saddle

http://www.stolpsaddles.com/gamblingsaddle.html

This saddle was designed around the Idea of placing shells onto a saddle somehow, so I came up with this idea.

The stirrups at the top of the tread are not mine if someone got confused , but I like them might have to copy the idea.

Interesting seeing pics come from unrelated sites and showing up here.

It's add #3141 on http://www.ranchworldads.com/classified.php

I had to use Explorer to view the site. With Foxfire the ad pictures didn't come up.

Art