JohnBarton

Donate. Please.

This is a plea from me for more members to donate to maintaining this forum. Even if it's just $5 a year it will help defray the real costs of hosting and software and machines and the intangible costs of time that go into this incredible resource.

I belong to several technical forums other than this one. Like this one they are not pay-first type forums but instead are made up of members who donate their time and expertise to help anyone who stops by.

I have no doubt that the "professional" forums which charge an upfront fee have valuable information in them as well but to be honest I have never failed to get a question answered or a problem solved through forums like this one.

I don't know about most of you but I have certainly received enough tips and inspiration here that has saved me time and money that it was a no brainer for me to donate a little bit.

After reading the thread about how Kate and Johanna and Clay (and others) selflessly spent so much time reposting 3400 lost posts I am begging those of you who haven't already done so to go to the main page and donate something, even if it's just $5.

Sincerely,

John Barton

Is there a way of telling a person if a donation has gone thru. I have transfered via paypal, but not sure if it went thru. Darryl

Is there a way of telling a person if a donation has gone thru. I have transfered via paypal, but not sure if it went thru. Darryl

Did Paypal send you a receipt?

Darryl,

Once it goes through and is received, your name will change to a blue color on the board, and under your name in the left side when you post it will say "Contributing Member". You should also get a paypal receipt.

Kate wrote an actual program to piece back together those threads that looked like a garbled cyber Humpty Dumpty. Johanna and Kate then ran the broken threads through it one at a time to restore them. Because of the arctic blast in ND a couple weeks ago, Clay was able to to spend some quality time by the heat at his keyboard putting them back in their respective sections. Even though they all deserve a nice trip to someplace tropical, the donations all go to maintain and enhance the forum.

My records show that you donated in November 2008, Darryl. Thank you for helping LW!

John, you are right.

it will help defray the real costs of hosting and software and machines and the intangible costs of time that go into this incredible resource.

Every little bit helps, and anyone who wants to chip into the kitty is welcome to click "My Controls" then "Purchase a Paid Subscription". or use the Pay Pal button on the main page, or we gratefully accept checks or money orders by snail mail. Thank you all for supporting LW. Without you folks, we couldn't keep going.

:You_Rock_Emoticon:

Johanna

Johanna: Just entered a little donation to keep the forum going.

Thanks for all your efforts.

I know Bruce and Denise helped move some posts around too. I bet some of the other moderators did to. For me, it's just part of the job, and I really enjoy it. (wish I enjoyed my real job as much)

I too would like to encourage anyone that can to consider donating whatever you can to help keep this place running. Johanna does enough around here, she shouldn't have to worry about how she's gonna pay the bills too.

I did..$25.00

All I can say Johanna...

Thank you for this gorgeous leather smelling place on the net:-)

Fourteen of you have chipped in to this unexpected, but sorely needed, pledge drive. The LW members and volunteer staff thank you all for remembering that we have bills that must be paid.

Fresh coffee for everybody! Cookies over there on the table, help yourself. Thank you all.

Johanna

Thanks for the info guys, dumb me didn't read the left hand side. keep up the great work, this is my favorite place in the world. Darryl

Fourteen of you have chipped in to this unexpected, but sorely needed, pledge drive. The LW members and volunteer staff thank you all for remembering that we have bills that must be paid.

Fresh coffee for everybody! Cookies over there on the table, help yourself. Thank you all.

Johanna

Johanna, are raffles allowed? Say I donate an item worth $50, ten spots go up @ $5 each. $$ goes right to you via check or PP. Winner is picked by a state lottery daily pick 3 drawing, so the whole world can see which is the winning number.

Watcha think?

Johanna,

Thank you for this site/ forum! All the info here could never be duplicated in print! I know I lurk here a ton and I am forever in debt to the wonderful people that share every day. With the state of my family life I don't get a chance to post but I feel like I belong to an extended family! Thank you so much.

Eric :grouphug5vj5:

I sent a little in too. The longer this topic stays on top, the more people will see it and participate.

Aaron

I'd like to know how many members we have and how many are financial? It's a great site to be a part of.

Tony.

I'd like to know how many members we have and how many are financial? It's a great site to be a part of.

Tony.

Hi Tony, I think this can be find out very easily. When you scroll down on the main page of the forum, you can find the total number of users which is 4,344 atm.

The contributing members must be around 178 (some of the admins might correct me, if I am wrong).

BTW,

this place already gave me so much, that I will also contribute something, when I have some spare money hopefully in the next few weeks.

THX to all of the admins, staff and contributing members to keep this thing going.

Cheers,

Marcel

Contribution donated.

Best regards, Kim

I didn't know we could donate, but now I do. And did. :grouphug5vj5:

Hi Everyone,

I have made a deal with the Leather Crafters and Saddlers Journal to give Leatherworker.net a rebate for each new subscription by members of Leatherworker.net. I don't know how many of you get the magazine, but it is a good read and is chock full of vendor information and also contains several projects, usually including full size patterns. So when subscribing or re-upping to the LC&SJ, please mention you are a member here at Leatherworker.net and you want us to get credit for it. Then let me know you did it!

Art

Joanna:

I am working on a fundraiser for our guild that hopefully will kick something back to Leatherworker.net. More to follow on this to get your permission. In the meantime, could I ask you to forward your thread information on the website rental item that you were discussing last week to our treasurer Dennis Guerra at cowcraver(at)yahoo.com. I am trying to convince our guild to chance hosting services to you. Just trying another way to pitch in.

I appreciate it.

Greetings from Round Rock, Texas

Something tells me there is a typo in that email addy. I can be reached through email at admin@leatherworker.net or PM me here (you have to be registered to use that function). Thanks, ATX, tell him I'll do what I can, just let me know what he needs.

Johanna