Sign in to follow this  
clairmullin

Turquiose Filigree Clutch

This is a clutch that I made a while ago...thought you guys might enjoy seeing it.

:blush:

Hope everybody has a great weekend!

all_031.jpg

post-8051-1233936676_thumb.jpg

Very nice, love the colors.

Is that white deer around the edges?

really nice! How do you burnish the feather edges on the filagree and with what do you cut them? I know that Chan Geen likes to stick an exacto knife in a pine board and pull the leather into it rather than hold the leather and cut it.

pete

Claire,

Great job, Nice clean lines. Can you explain how you finished the edge? What machine did you use and what size thread?

Doug

Nice work!

fantastic work thanks so much for sharing please keep posting.

Josh

Clair,

Just looked at my last issue of LC&SJ and realized you are the one and same Clair Mullin who carved the cover and contributed a couple of articles.

Congradulations and keep posting your work on this forum. You have a lot to contribute.

Doug

Edited by Doug C

Very nice, love the colors.

Is that white deer around the edges?

It is actually white lamb.

really nice! How do you burnish the feather edges on the filagree and with what do you cut them? I know that Chan Geen likes to stick an exacto knife in a pine board and pull the leather into it rather than hold the leather and cut it.

pete

I cut the background out with a sharp exacto knife. If you use nice firm leather the knife burnishes the edges while you cut and you don't have to worry about it too much.

Claire,

Great job, Nice clean lines. Can you explain how you finished the edge? What machine did you use and what size thread?

Doug

I bound the edges with lamb, its soft and thin and easy to work with. And I stitched it on my Adler 205, actually the only sewing machine I have right now. And I used 207 thread on the top and 138 on the bottom. I would like to use finner thread, but only have to one machine so....got to work with what ya got. :blush:

P.S. thank you for the complement!

Edited by clairmullin