Jdavies

Recent Oregon Wade pics

Here is my latest saddle... an Oregon wade full basket stamp, 16 in seat. There were definetly some bobbles but I hope you guys like it. Feel free to critique. Special thanks to gttwister for the info on photographing your work. We implemented some of the ideas in creating the saddle collage. See what you think...

DaviesWebAd.jpg

saddle.jpg

closeupside.jpg

post-8394-1236543560_thumb.jpg

post-8394-1236543672_thumb.jpg

post-8394-1236543809_thumb.jpg

That is one great looking saddle!

Looks great! How many is this now?

Art

Justin,

Tell Lora that the collage is GREAT!!! The white background with the saddle work is really nice. Good work. The one thing that I saw was the change in basketweave directions. Overall it looks nice.

Regards,

Ben

Justin,

Great looking saddle and picture layout. I have copy of CS2 I wish my wife would learn how to use it.

Ash

Thanks for the compliments! I'm not sure exactly what number I'm on now, but guessing around 45 saddles. I've always heard that you haven't built your first good saddle until you reach 100. So that's my goal.

BTW, my wife gave my website a much needed facelift today. We think it looks pretty good. See what you think.

Ash, I just got lucky that I married a photographer and designer. It sure comes in handy, but not always for free. I have a tree sitting here with her name on it...

Hay Justin

Great stuff thanks for posting this , I can tell you have put a lot of effort and time in this one.

Josh

PS nice site very good looking

Edited by jbird

I've always heard that you haven't built your first good saddle until you reach 100. So that's my goal.

Whoever said that was probably just repeating someone else's ridiculous assertion to make newer saddlemakers feel dependant on them. If you can't build a good saddle by your 2nd or 3rd attempt, you just aren't learning and/or have a lousy teacher or no teacher and you're learning from a book. Obviously, they may not be great saddles, there may be things you could do better, but 100? After 100, you should be able to build a spectacular saddle... in your sleep!

Justin, your website looks real nice. Those wives are pretty handy, ain't they? JW

Good clean job, Justin!

Bob