Don101

Buffalo Hunters knife sheath

Here is a sheath i made up for our Anual Buffalo Hunters Camp, the items were primative but practical, Don

Buffalo_Hunters_Knife_Sheath.jpg

post-1381-1204657057_thumb.jpg

Don

Very nice looking sheath.

Randy

Don,

Very neat. Is this only for knives or are there other period tools carried?

Regis

Don- "Primative" you say!? I don't think so, that is BEAUTIFUL! OUTSTANDING stitching, Nice color and the cross cutting really highlights the "sheath". Always a pleasure seeing your work! Thanks

Don101 - I have to agree with SCOUTER, it is very nice. I assume it was used by the skinners? Is it your design or is it based on a period peice? How did you do the cross cut pattern, and with what tool? Nice work.

Don,

Very neat. Is this only for knives or are there other period tools carried?

Regis

Yes its just for the knifes you could also carry a sharpener by pushing it through the rings

Don101 - I have to agree with SCOUTER, it is very nice. I assume it was used by the skinners? Is it your design or is it based on a period peice? How did you do the cross cut pattern, and with what tool? Nice work.

Yes you are right its a skinners set, and yes it is my design although commen of the period, the cross cut was done by cutting with a swivel knife whilst the leather was still wet along a rule (every thing was assembeled) then dampened again when all the cutting was finished and verry verry carfully use a blow torch (a small one from the DIY) and move the flame over the top surface not getting to close to the stitching and dont stay still in one place to long or you will burn the leather, but it makes the cut lines open up and giver a nice old used look to it, like i said dont do it on dry leather on you will burn the leather, re dampen if nessesary, try it out on some scrap first, then just ad some oil to the top surface and buff a little, Don

Don, as usual you did an excellent job. Very historically correct interpretation. Always a pleasure to see what you do.

Warren

Don, I hope you consider it flattery if and when I rip off your design someday :angel_not:

Thanks Guys for the nice compliments and feel free to rip it off thats the point of sharing to give new ideas, Don

Very nice, very period, very practical and very cool!

This is way cool. I love the design.