JRLeather2

Anyone on here know Bill gomer?

Bill Gomer from Kansas?

http://www.billgomer.com

What is your question regarding Bill Gomer?

Indy

I think he is teaching a class in Wickenburg this week

SkipJ

I believe his home is in Leavenworth, near Kansas City.

Kate

Pretty straight forward, does anyone in here know him, or taken any of his classes? I do, and unless he has moved he lives in Jarbalo, which is just outside Leavenworth Kansas.............

Bill Gomer now lives in Highland, Kansas. About 40 miles west of St. Joseph, Missouri.

I spent a week with him in January of this year and did a leather carving class. I am a novice carver and wanted some direction and had the opportunity to make the trip.

His phone number is 785-442-3048. If anyone here contacts him tell him you got his number from Joe in Montana. He is a friend and would like to know how people find him. Nothing in it for me.

Via con Dios,

Joe

Thank you Joe! good to know he is still alive and kicking!

Bill moved a couple of years ago to near Highland, KS. It's just a ways north of Leavenworth up near the NE corner of KS. I took his 10-day saddle school in Denver in 2005. I found Bill to be a wonderful guy, likes to have fun and joke with you. A longtime teacher and a talented guy. Unfortunately the altitude exacerbated some of his health problems and he was getting short of air, plus a couple of first timers in the class and we didn't get our saddles finished in 11 days.

I would imagine his one on one teaching would be very worthwhile. He is a one of a kind and has a wealth of info.

Ask Bill the next time you speak to him- "WANNA BY A CHICKEN?" :rolleyes: If you know Bill you'll understand, if not, you're in for an experience plus a wealth of knowledge gained. His health (breathing) is much better now but he is still has his good and bad days.

Those who have taken a personal saddle or carving class with him have had an experience kin to working with Al Stohlman that you will treasure.

Indy :cheers:

I am glad to hear that he is still alive and kicking. I need to give him a call and go by and see him now that he lives closer to me.

Ashley

Sorry about the incorrect info on Wickenburg.

SkipJ