Friends belt was of poor quality and he liked the fitting thingie (oh darn can't find the word for it).

So i was asked to do this as quickie.

Well belts seem to never be quickes. Cut some shorts on edging and didn't go over the tooling around the edges very thoroughly. He wanted it cheap he said but lasting longer than previous belt that was labeled Levis and had a genuine leather stamp on the lining and some greece glyphs. Probably saying original item, ha!

Notice a problem when it was finished and I closed it first time. The belt holder (with the Levis text inlay) has sharp edges and will probably fray the belt edges...very soon. Bummer, should have checked that before mounting and thrown that piece away.

Anyways, here are the pics.

Tom

IMG_6182_01.jpg

IMG_6188_01.jpg

IMG_6189_01.jpg

IMG_6190_01.jpg

post-5146-1204886951_thumb.jpg

post-5146-1204886969_thumb.jpg

post-5146-1204887010_thumb.jpg

post-5146-1204887027_thumb.jpg

Edited by TomSwede

nice job tom, how did you do the color on the end?

Thanks Roo!

It's just Fiebing pro red on the bottom, sealer and saddletan antiquing on top of that. I went several rounds with the antiquing until I got the right look on it.

He didn't want any tooling ('cuz he thinks that's the thing taking the most time and money) so I just threw this twintip with antiquing in. He likes black n red combos so I just thought of having a little "ruby" on the end (or is that the start of a belt?)

Think I saw the twintip thing around here, maybe Spiders belt with the skull tip was in that fashion.

Wish I had a maker stamp like you now.

Also, gonna polish the metal to avoid fraying issues.

Tom

Edited by TomSwede

Tom this is a classy belt bro. I like it. Good way to save people. I think I like doing belts. Except the lacing but he designing.

I think lacing would be good 'cuz the edging would become less important but once I get a grip on edging I might prefer without.

The edging is a bit compromised on this one.

Delivered today and he was all satisfied with and love the "ruby" twintip treatie I put in.

He was like -Hey, this would have been really nice all the way around, duh, guess why I put it there. He mentioned he had some more beltclosingthingies (ah that word is still gone for me) and broken belts and sons that might show interest.

So hopefullt there'll be more orders.

One thing, I tried Fiebings leather sheene on this one and it seemed to wrinkle up a bit when the belt tip is bent and pushed into the holder so I have to follow that up. If necessary I'll try to fix it and worse case scenario, make new belt.

Thanks for approval, it was fun doing something where you have to hold back a bit on the tooling goodies. Design just gets harder the more simpler you do it I think. Not so much for belts, there are so many to draw inspiration from but good practice.

Tom

As long as it keeps your pants up, I say good job.

Tom,

Nice belt!!! I think we leather people often think more is better but this belt proves simple and clean can be realy effective. That touch on the end is so cool!!!!!

David Genadek

Thank you Tracy, that's about my customer attitude when he ordered it.

David, right on target with your comment. I'd been longing to work with design for sometime and that ,for me, is playing with lines and curbs and make an eyepleasing layout with simplest means possible and this was my chance.

The ruby was added as that small little extra thing that can make just that comment you made.

One goal in this leatherbussines for me is to be able to make stuff suiting to anyones request. Wether it'd be a deathmetal guy, bikerguy aswell as some director that has all he ever need, going out on that golfcourse showing off his new expensive handmade elegant leatherbelt to his partners.

This was a great opportunity to practice the executive style.

Thanks alot, I really appreciate it!

Tom

Edited by TomSwede