JohnD

Barry King tools

Has any one ordered Barry King tools from Monatana Leather?

I'm curious as to how long it took to get your order? I ordered some tools from them last weekend, They sent an email confirming my order and thats all I've heard. They haven't charged my bank account yet and when I checked my order on their site, It doesn't give any info on the status of the order and when I call the 800 number I can only leave a message.

I'm not an impatient person. I understand if the tools are made to order, I just would like to know if thats the case. The website doesn't say anything about that.

Just curious if anyone else has dealt with them and how it went?

Thanks.

John

You should have ordered straight from Barry. However, he probably went to wickenburg and hasn't filled any orders yet.

never ordered from them but, have ordered direct from barry quite a few times.

he has had everything i've ordered in stock and sent it out that day

Thanks for the responses guys, I guess I should have asked before I ordered. I haven't heard anything in just over a week now. They haven't even charged my account yet.

John

you may look at cancelling your order with them, and ordering from barry. he is a nice guy, and will take good care of you.his number is 1-307-672-5657

You should have ordered straight from Barry. However, he probably went to wickenburg and hasn't filled any orders yet.

Yes, he is out of town, and won't return until next week.

I finally spoke with someone on the phone this evening. The gentleman I spoke with was very nice, but unfortunately the office was shut down so he would have to check tomorrow and give me a call back. He did say that they usually stock Barry's tools and they usually ship right away.

I almost cancelled, but I considered that if he calls me tomorrow to say that my order has shipped, then my tools will be on the way. if there is a problem tomorrow, then I'll consider my other options.

Thanks for all the responses.

John

I´ve ordered several times Barry King tools from Montana.Usually ships in the week, but few times they dont have all in stock, I had to wait.Only once they did not answer an email, but they do inmediately after my second.

In my opinion serious people, a pleasure to deal with

Regards from Spain,

Pepin

I spoke with Montana leather again today. They said my most of my order was out of stock, So I cancelled with them and ordered from the number that duke posted above. It was actually cheaper so I was able to add a couple more tools. It probably won't ship for a week or so but at least I know that.

Thanks for the help everyone.

John

yea, barry is going to be a little back logged since he just got back from the wickenburg show, and probably has a few orders to fill.you'll love them, as do I.

One thing is for sure. Good tools are worth the wait.

johnD, have you gotten your tools yet? what do you think? pro's an cons?

Yes, I have. I got them I think Monday. I ordered smooth bevelers 0-4 and round #3 and concave #3.( just to try them)

Right off the bat you can see the difference in them from the Craftool bevelers, The angle is much steeper, which I had to get used to as I used to tilt the Craftool to bevel at a steeper angle. They make a nice deep bevel, which I felt I could never achieve with the craftools.(Which may have had alot to do with my casing inconsistancies)

They're also flatter with more rounded sides, so they "walk" alot easier and leave a much smoother bevel. With the steeper angle they don't make such a wide bevel either (unless you tilt them to make it wider) which I think looks alot nicer.

All in all, I really like them a lot. They were definitly worth the money and the wait. I'm very happy with them so far.

Thanks for asking Duke.

John

P.S. I had mentioned in another post that I thought they might be less expensive ordering direct from Barry, but I was wrong. they were the same price as from Montana leather. ($20 ea.) The shipping was much cheaper from Barry though, about half as much as Montana.