My son works as a stocker at one of our local grocery stores. He asked me to make him a sheath for the boxcutters that they give them to use. The pictures don't show it very well, but I'm no photographer,LOL. Anyway here it is, I think it turned out pretty well for a couple of hours work.

Warren

BOXCUTTER.jpg

post-5168-1205030615_thumb.jpg

Warren,

Your son should be right proud to carry his box knife in such a fine looking sheath. Good job!

Randy

it's a bit of a shame to stick a common boxcutter in a sheath that nice.

It looks too darn good to have at work unless the boss is paying up for it;-)

Tom

Randyc, I hope your right. He's at work right now and hasn't seen it yet, so I hope he likes it.

Drac, your probably right, but I just couldn't make it totally utilitarian you know? It's not fancy, but I think it's pretty good looking myself.

Thanks for the nice words guys, I really appreciate it!

Warren

My son works as a stocker at one of our local grocery stores. He asked me to make him a sheath for the boxcutters that they give them to use. The pictures don't show it very well, but I'm no photographer,LOL. Anyway here it is, I think it turned out pretty well for a couple of hours work.

Warren

Warren that is a fine looking sheath.........

High Ride single loop?

that takes me back in the grocery business a long long time ago...

remember when all items in stores had a price on them?

well i stayed kinda busy making price marking holsters...

Edited by Luke Hatley

Luke, I patterned it after Will Ghormley's West Texas holster pattern and another holster pictured on his site called an Adobe. I just can't get enough of Will's stuff! I guess you could call it a high ride single loop if it were a holster. It's hard to see in the photo but it actually has a little bit of a cant to it that should make it usable as a cross-draw using holster speak. If he carries it strong-side he can carry it towards the front instead of on his hip. I'm glad they don't use pricing guns anymore or he'd be wanting one of those too,LOL!

Warren

nice job - that is now a very important looking box cutter!

i like the edging treatment in particular - clean and neat.

...did you use a welt?

That sheath looks mighty fine indeed. You may need to get your son a really nice box cutter to go into it now. :cowboy:

Nick

Steveb, I didn't put a welt in it since the cutter is always closed when it's in the sheath. The sheath is tight enough that putting it in closes retracts the blade into the handle, so a welt wasn't needed. I put welts in my fixed blade knife sheaths and in my gun holsters that need room for the trigger guard though. It isn't one of my favorite things to do if you know what I mean!

Thanks for the compliments guys, they're always appreciated!

Warren

Steveb, I didn't put a welt in it since the cutter is always closed when it's in the sheath. The sheath is tight enough that putting it in closes retracts the blade into the handle, so a welt wasn't needed. I put welts in my fixed blade knife sheaths and in my gun holsters that need room for the trigger guard though. It isn't one of my favorite things to do if you know what I mean!

Thanks for the compliments guys, they're always appreciated!

Warren

I reckon it would be good if the Knifemakers would now begin to make custom Boxcutters to go with the fancy sheaths. Could be a another money maker, who knows?

That is just Awesome! Always feels great when you have nice things to work with. You boy should be overwhelmed.