GirlFromScandinavia

Greetings from the North!

Hi! i found this great site a few months ago but finally this morning had time to sit down and have a good look in to what´s in it! And boy, am I ever happy! :notworthy:

I´ve pretty much worked on leather by my self for the last 10 years (thats when the bug bit me!). Since I live up in the not so populated Finland, I have a hard time finding fellow leather mender benders, to share thoughts and ideas with, but finally I feel as though I´m not alone anymore!!! My man and I have a little custom shop where he makes electric guitar pickups and I´m the strap lady. So far, I´ve been making guitar straps by order, each unique, and using a lot of different thecniques, but, I´m searching for a new approach, wich hopefully would narrow each job down to a more personall and less varied method (mostly to save time!) Now adays It takes me atleast a week, just to decide how I´ll want to make each one!!

I´ve also bought my self 2 leather sewing machines,Singer and an old Durkopf, and I really hope to share some users tips with someone who´s got the same modells!! If you wana check our site, its www.mikkihouse.com. I´ll be around!!

Welcome to the Board, Girl!

I looked at your site, really good looking straps...can't wait to see some closeups.

Looks like the Scandanavian contingent is growing...yay!

Welcome to LW.net. That is quite a diverse selection of guitar straps.

Glad you found us and share photo's of your work

Regis

Welcome to the forum. There is definitely a variety of tips and tutorials here that you can expand your horizons. Sit back and enjoy!

Welcome to the board GFS!!!

Nice to have members from my beautiful neighbour country!

I'm sure you'll find it a very interesting place here and will get lots of new inspiration too. This place has it all, from mild to wild creations, friendly people who shares secrets of the trade, guides to tools, techniques and whatever you need and last but not least, great leatherbuddies!!

Do you speak and write in Swedish too?? I'm totally lost with the Finnish language since I only have Finnish relatives married into my family and not close enough to have the need of learning it. I just got an order from them to make four belts with the Finnish lion tooled on the buckle.

Best regards

Tom in Sweden (Gävle)

Welcome Northlanders ! This is a great site with helpful folks and I like to hear from and see other Craftspersons work1 Please post and share your talents,Good Luck

I'm sure you'll find it a very interesting place here and will get lots of new inspiration too. This place has it all, from mild to wild creations, friendly people who shares secrets of the trade, guides to tools, techniques and whatever you need and last but not least, great leatherbuddies!!

Do you speak and write in Swedish too?? I'm totally lost with the Finnish language since I only have Finnish relatives married into my family and not close enough to have the need of learning it. I just got an order from them to make four belts with the Finnish lion tooled on the buckle.

Best regards

Tom in Sweden (Gävle)

Hey!! Thanks allot guys for making me feel wellcome, all I have to do now is learn to use this pannel correctly, lets see if this txt goes to the right place!! But yeah Tom, min svensk är inte so mycket bra. Jag har inte studerat svensk, men jag har bort i Uppsala för ett ar. And my sisters fiance is a Swedish boy too, so, I guess we can write in Swedish too, if just to keep others puzzled!!

I think Sweden is the best and and the people are great! But, since I lived in NYC when I was a kid, I ´ve got a soft spot for the yanks too!

Today´s one of the hottest days of summer but I´m off to the cellar to work on a strap. The bands name is Closed Eye Vision, and I havent a clue on `what they are like´, I did the mistake in not asking enough about them and the client wanted me to do it just the way I like... Im hitting total blanks in my brain right now but when I get this one finnished, I´ll take a picture and let you all see what came out of it!!!

Best regards

Tom in Sweden (Gävle)

Hey!! Thanks allot guys for making me feel wellcome, all I have to do now is learn to use this pannel correctly, lets see if this txt goes to the right place!! But yeah Tom, min svensk är inte so mycket bra. Jag har inte studerat svensk, men jag har bort i Uppsala för ett ar. And my sisters fiance is a Swedish boy too, so, I guess we can write in Swedish too, if just to keep others puzzled!!

I think Sweden is the best and and the people are great! But, since I lived in NYC when I was a kid, I ´ve got a soft spot for the yanks too!

Today´s one of the hottest days of summer but I´m off to the cellar to work on a strap. The bands name is Closed Eye Vision, and I havent a clue on `what they are like´, I did the mistake in not asking enough about them and the client wanted me to do it just the way I like... Im hitting total blanks in my brain right now but when I get this one finnished, I´ll take a picture and let you all see what came out of it!!!

Hej!! In public threads where information is of public interest I allways speak English but I do joke around with Tina sometimes in native tongue;-) and PMs.

Glad to hear you like Sweden alot. I have yet to visit beautiful Finland and just spent midsummer celebration close to Uppsala, Gävle is only about 110 km's north of Uppsala.

I should be making belts today but have to go with my son and look for a new bike.

I have had alot of requests like the one you got..and...it is not funny...making custom items from your own mind can often cause block on me so piccking the customers brain is important to me. That's when I try to do some research like checking stuff like this: http://www.myspace.com/closedeyevision

http://www.closedeyevision.com/

Maybe you get some inspiration from their music or can gather info about their personas to get an idea or starting point from.

Looking forward to see wat you come up with.

Post new stuff in the show off section, grab a coffee, kickback and relax. Don't eat the donuts if anyone treats you one. Last time I heard Clay was prepping them with formaldehyde to stop them from rotting or sumting;-) It'll be sorted to the proper category later on by the great people of the staff here.

Tom