Sign in to follow this  
rickeyfro

Leather On Ebay

Was wondering if anyone had tried this leather, Item number:110417750369, being sold on Ebay. Its from Paraguay and sides of 5-6 oz go for as little as $49. He also sells horsehide and has all positive feedback, I ordered a side but it hasnt arrived yet, just wondering how it tools.

I like to stick to something here in the USA. Be careful and read their ad again. It could take up to 25 days before you get your hide. Also, the cost to ship and customs???? I thought about it too.

I am getting ready to order about 6 1/2 hides for our group of hobbyists here in my area. I have gone through Stevenson-Paxton, but I believe I am going to try Kevin at Springfield with his HO ad above. I heard so many good things and I want to see how good they really are.

Good luck on that hide.

Ive gotten about 5 of those hermann oak sides from springfield, way happy with all of them, just thought id give it a try, that guy on ebay, it was $49 with free shipping for a side of 5-6, and all his feedback looked good so I figured what the heck, I mainly build cycle seats so if nothing else I can use it for the bottom leathers

Good to hear about Kevin. Please give us some details on the overseas hides after you get them and use them please.

The only hides Ive gotten from ebay are stingray and ostrich legs. The ostrich legs are ok but that was what was described. They were from florida I think. The guy is very quick with shipping. The stingray comes from over seas but the guy I ordered several from arrived fairly quickly (about 2 weeks) and were all in great shape and looked really good. Oh and I also got some snake skins from the same guy and they were nice as well.

Never tried vegtan or anything else from ebay, I stick to the regular dealers for that.

Waterhouse has a deal on double shoulders right now, pretty cheap. There deals are usually decent leather ecspecially for the price.

Ive got a hide on the way from Kevin as well since I wanted to try out the herman oak. Ordered one but it was in pretty bad shape, quick email and Kevin is sending a new one with return postage paid for the other. Very happy with the whole experience. Kevin is a standup guy and very good to work with.

Edited by MADMAX22

Ive got a hide on the way from Kevin as well since I wanted to try out the herman oak. Ordered one but it was in pretty bad shape, quick email and Kevin is sending a new one with return postage paid for the other. Very happy with the whole experience. Kevin is a standup guy and very good to work with.

I just got another HO hide from Springfield Leather and I'm just blown away! It's hard to believe they're selling that quality for that price, not too mention the excellent service I get from Kevin and the staff there.