Sign in to follow this  
dscott

wood grain bracelets

saw somone had asked for a wood grain pattern and saw Spiders pics he showed as a pattern thought i would try one. NO NO were near as good but it was fun to and good practice.

All comments welcome

Thanks

David

DSC01344.JPG

DSC01346.JPG

post-10808-1249604435_thumb.jpg

post-10808-1249604834_thumb.jpg

Edited by dscott

Haha pretty cool. You did a good job on them.

Very nice job. I like them.

thank you both i am just learning this was great practice

Thank you

David

Those look great. I have been wanting to do a Bible Cover with a cross on the front with the wood grain. If mine turns out half as nice I will be happy.

Again, great job.

Joe

Heey bud!!

I'm impressed with the accuracy on the straight lines especially the longer border lines. Easy to fail on those since they are so near the edge.

Overall look seems nice too with rounded ends and all.

Good job!!!

Tom

Thanks To

it was fun to do and great pracetice

David

saw somone had asked for a wood grain pattern and saw Spiders pics he showed as a pattern thought i would try one. NO NO were near as good but it was fun to and good practice.

All comments welcome

Thanks

David

You done good my friend, nice job!

I haven't done a bracelet before, how do you know what length to make it (assuming your making them to sell). People have different size wrists. I guess the width can be any size up to maybe 2"?

David

You done good my friend, nice job!

I haven't done a bracelet before, how do you know what length to make it (assuming your making them to sell). People have different size wrists. I guess the width can be any size up to maybe 2"?

David

It doesn't take much material or time to experiment with a few on your own wrist and once you get your measurement confirmed you can use that to develop patterns for other wrist sizes from. You can also install double snaps but I prefer to make a single snap (wich I never do nowadays) because two makes it feel to bulky on the wrist.

I really prefer to string my bracers when they get a little bigger and also with that method you don't have to worry too much about them not matching specific customers arm. To me stringed also looks better and I use eyelets for the stringing holes.

Tom

It doesn't take much material or time to experiment with a few on your own wrist and once you get your measurement confirmed you can use that to develop patterns for other wrist sizes from. You can also install double snaps but I prefer to make a single snap (wich I never do nowadays) because two makes it feel to bulky on the wrist.

I really prefer to string my bracers when they get a little bigger and also with that method you don't have to worry too much about them not matching specific customers arm. To me stringed also looks better and I use eyelets for the stringing holes.

Tom

Thanks Tom!

I don't know what you mean by "string my bracers". Are you saying you lace it instead of using snaps?

David

Thanks Tom!

I don't know what you mean by "string my bracers". Are you saying you lace it instead of using snaps?

David

Oh sorry!! Yes I meant that I lace them together instead of using snaps.

Tom