tazzmann

Fur on Cow hides

I am looking for a small piece of fur on cow hide in either maroon or white so that I can dye it maroon. Anyone know where I can get some? I don't need a whole hide, just about a 4 inch by 6 inch piece for a knife sheath. I tried ebay and google, but no luck.

I did a quick Ebay looksee and found Item No: 150228078017 from an Ebay seller by the name of pennyfabrics. Do a search for that item number and then click on the right for other seller items. There seems to be a fair amount of hair on hide pieces and scraps from this seller. (I haven't bought anything from this seller.) Don't know how to post a link... poor computer skills... sorry.

Crystal

Thanks! I think I was searching with the wrong term. The only issue is that I need it within the next few days, but it may have to wait if I can't find an alternative.

I did a quick Ebay looksee and found Item No: 150228078017 from an Ebay seller by the name of pennyfabrics. Do a search for that item number and then click on the right for other seller items. There seems to be a fair amount of hair on hide pieces and scraps from this seller. (I haven't bought anything from this seller.) Don't know how to post a link... poor computer skills... sorry.

Crystal

I've dealt with him. He has nice stuff, although it's been a good while since I got anything. I remember getting a fairly large piece of hair-on to cover a targe, but I can't remember if I considered his postage charges out of line or not- I don't think so, but, as I said, it's been awhile.

(I always try to factor in the cost of postage when dealing with ebay- too many jerks try to get out of paying sellers' fees by jacking up the shipping charges {'...recycled scrap cardboard costs money, ya know...'} so you end up paying more in postage than you'd spend by dealing with tandy or another supplier or dealing locally).

Try Oregon Leather

110 NW 2nd

Portland Oregon

503 255 8818

They may have what you want.

Their prices are better than Tandy even with the Wholesale club discount, quality also better.

you have a business account so tandy prices will still be better than oregon leather. although oregon leather has a bigger scrap bin.

hey Duke, do you guys have scrap pieces of the hair on stuff? If so, I may stop in tomorrow.

yes we have a box of scrap remnants, unfortunately we have been picked through pretty good.