Johanna

Major Upgrade coming!

If it helps somehow: Still having problems with IE 7, version 20061107.210142. Speed is improved only a little a bit since my first post.

Tosch

@the Admins

at first thanks for the update, it needs getting used to it, but I like the new forum and I think the problems you have at the moment will be solved soon.

I have a question, is there no possibility to export the private messages into a html page or something like ?!?

This function would be really helpfull to keep the Inbox clean.

Cheers,

Marcel

For some reason, the makers of the software removed the archive PM function. I am looking for a mod to put it back. I would like to have one folder with ALL the adult section requests in one place. So, the answer is "No. but I am working on it!"

Johanna

Johanna,

Everything is working pretty well for me....I'm really glad you solved the "view new content", it works well now. You probably already know about this....but whenever I try to edit a post bad things begin to happen. It won't let me edit....can't get back out, etc. Didn't know if anyone had eported this or not so I thought I would mention it.......

BTW sent you an email....

Bobby

Johanna,

Everything is working pretty well for me....I'm really glad you solved the "view new content", it works well now. You probably already know about this....but whenever I try to edit a post bad things begin to happen. It won't let me edit....can't get back out, etc. Didn't know if anyone had eported this or not so I thought I would mention it.......

BTW sent you an email....

Bobby

I think I have the edit fixed. Still having problems? Anyone?

Johanna

I think I have the edit fixed. Still having problems? Anyone?

Johanna

Hi Johanna,

I was wondering if the PM's are working? i Pm'd you 3 days ago about a major problem, and usually you get back to me right away, i also PM'd others and haven't heard back from them either...Thanks Tom

Tomcat- PMs are working fine. Your issue has nothing to do with the upgrade, and we are looking into what (if anything) we can do about your problem. Real names would help- PM me with as much info as you know (like who you wrote the check to). I don't know if we will be able to help you, but we can help you get the documentation you may need to file a civil complaint or swear out charges with his local police.

Johanna

Johanna,

I just edited and didn't have any of the earlier problems.....looks like you've got it!

Bobby

ok, so I leave for a while to get married an figure out what direction my life is going an now I come back an ya'll have changed everything around on me! its like leaving for a week, and coming home an the wife bought all new furniture and painted the house. makes ya think yer in the wrong place. HAHAHAHA! looks great johanna, ya'll have outdone yourselves. Im just wondering whats next. I heard talk of twitter, maybe an iPhone app? ROFLMAO! I couldnt be that lucky, so I betterd shut my mouth.anyhoo, looks great.

Dan AKA Duke

(PS someone remind me to change that confucious saying later, k.)

Edited by Duke

Russ, with the way the site is expanding, and some of the upcoming features I've heard whispers about (like videos) there was simply no choice but to upgrade. At some point the old version of the site would have become obsolete. One of the major factors is the advertisers here. It takes money to run the site, and while AFAIK no one gets a salary, there's still bills to pay. The ads pay for things like bandwidth, server lease, program license fees, etc. In the past, member contributions were able to offset some of the costs, but not all.

So here we are with the new version.

Yes, there's bugs in the system right now, and I'm absolutely positive that they're being addressed. Remember, all the members and even the moderators (*gasp*) have families, yards to mow, church to attend, homes to clean, etc., as well as donate their time to this website/forum. This isn't half as bad as the Big Crash was, and this was planned. Now there's just a few wrinkles to iron out. It'll get better, we just need to give the crew a little time to work on it.

One of the things I personally liked with the old style was a non-white background. For my eyes, it was easier to read the screen with the leather shaded background than it is a bright one.

Plus, I've grown accustomed to knowing where everything was (control wise). Well, time to learn the new way!

There is a way to change the background color of any website if you use Windows IE as your browser.

<H3 class=title_procedure> To override website font and color settings</H3>

1. If you want to have the fonts and colors you specify in Internet Explorer to be used for all websites, regardless of the fonts that have been set by the website designer, follow these steps:

<LI class=step>Open Internet Explorer

<LI class=step>Click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options.

<LI class=step>Click the General tab, and then click Accessibility.

2. Select the Ignore colors specified on webpages, Ignore font styles specified on webpages, and Ignore font sizes specified on webpages check boxes, and then click OK twice